ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

scaling a vector image from illustrator using null

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Cristina Chapman
scaling a vector image from illustrator using null
on Dec 12, 2011 at 5:37:05 pm

Hi,

I've imported my composition from illustrator which is a vector of england which I would like to start off zoomed in one one town then zoom out with spirals of trees appearing around this point.

problems i'm having are-
i want all the layers to stay in the composition i arranged them out in illustrator when i zoom in, so i parented them all with a null layer, i'm now zoomed in by 6000% and still not at the point i want and i keep having to set the magnification ratio to 3% because that null layer i made is way off in the distance because i don't know how to move it to the point i want to zoom in on.

is there a less complicated way of doing this?

Return to posts index

John Cuevas
Re: scaling a vector image from illustrator using null
on Dec 12, 2011 at 5:54:27 pm

Check out this tutorial by Andrew Kramer at Video Copilot.

http://videocopilot.net/tutorials/earth_zoom/

Johnny Cuevas, Editor
Thinkck.com

"I have not failed 700 times. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work."---THOMAS EDISON

Return to posts index

Cristina Chapman
on Dec 12, 2011 at 9:26:07 pm

Thankyou but i'm using vectors not images, I want to zoom in really close and zoom out fully but only one layer zooms in instead of all of them :(

Return to posts index

John Cuevas
on Dec 12, 2011 at 10:20:42 pm

Gotcha. What you could do is daisy chain nulls. Now that the first Null is too large and hard to move around, create a another null and parent the first null to it....and so on if more are needed.

Johnny Cuevas, Editor
Thinkck.com

"I have not failed 700 times. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work."---THOMAS EDISON

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]