ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Podcasts Creative Cloud

Adding keyframes to pen tool.

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Alexander KeijzerAdding keyframes to pen tool.
by on Dec 12, 2011 at 4:20:37 pm

I'm having trouble with a trackmatte. An object in the main footage goes under a solid layer, but I want the object to go over it(so it masks to solid layer). So I made another solid, used the pen tool to draw where the object should mask the solid layer, but the object is moving and when I move to the next frame to make the object mask the solid, it also changes the pen drawings of the first frame.

So my question is, how can I keyframe the drawing of the pen tool?

I hope you can understand my problem, it's rather hard to explain and it doesn't help that my mother language isn't English, but Dutch.

Thank you,

Alexander Keijzer

Return to posts index

John CuevasRe: Adding keyframes to pen tool.
by on Dec 12, 2011 at 5:13:27 pm

I don't know the keyboard shortcuts in Dutch, but in English you would be looking for "Mask Path" and click the stop watch, the shortcut key is "M".

You can get there by twirling open your solid layer, twirl up "Mask" and twirl open the correct Mask, if it's the only mask on the layer it would be "Mask 1", now just enable the "Mask Path" stopwatch.

Johnny Cuevas, Editor

"I have not failed 700 times. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work."---THOMAS EDISON

Return to posts index

Alexander KeijzerRe: Adding keyframes to pen tool.
by on Dec 13, 2011 at 3:28:16 pm

Thank you! It worked! I chose the English interface at the installation for problems like these and it came in handy!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved