ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Inconsistent Lighting due to moving reflector, not flicker. Need to "even out"

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Benson GreeneInconsistent Lighting due to moving reflector, not flicker. Need to "even out"
by on Dec 8, 2011 at 8:17:13 pm

I have a few shots of a subject that has been lit with the silver side of a reflector trying to avoid intense backlighting from the sun. Due to significant wind and little experience, the reflector was jerked around a lot.

I am looking for any sort of help in reducing the contrast between the brighter and less bright. Reshooting, unfortunately, is not an option in this case, so fixes aren't expected. Although, I'd love anything that helps.

Thanks all.

Return to posts index

John CuevasRe: Inconsistent Lighting due to moving reflector, not flicker. Need to "even out"
by on Dec 8, 2011 at 9:14:29 pm

Try giving the auto contrast and auto levels a shot. You may need to use multiple layers and masks so as to not effect areas that are okay.

Johnny Cuevas, Editor
Thinkck.com

Return to posts index

Michael SzalapskiRe: Inconsistent Lighting due to moving reflector, not flicker. Need to "even out"
by on Dec 9, 2011 at 8:36:32 pm

And if John's suggestion doesn't work as well as you'd like, perhaps some water sound effects to make it seem like the talent is standing near a reflective, but moving surface? :)

- The Great Szalam
(The 'Great' stands for 'Not So Great, in fact, Extremely Humble')

No trees were harmed in the creation of this message, but several thousand electrons were mildly inconvenienced.

Return to posts index

Chris WrightRe: Inconsistent Lighting due to moving reflector, not flicker. Need to "even out"
by on Dec 10, 2011 at 4:23:52 am

can you post a 3 sec clip or something? here's an ae project I made a while back that fixes flicker.

http://forums.creativecow.net/readpost/2/1009770

Return to posts index

Benson GreeneRe: Inconsistent Lighting due to moving reflector, not flicker. Need to "even out"
by on Dec 12, 2011 at 5:40:56 pm

Thanks all for responses. I will try all of the above. I have worked with Auto Levels and such as an attempt. I can post a clip as well.

Thanks.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]