ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Creating a Video that looks like Super Mario on NES

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jonas Dorian
Creating a Video that looks like Super Mario on NES
on Nov 25, 2011 at 12:28:38 am

Hi,

i need some help for my school project. I guess everyone knows the old Super Mario game for the NES. I'm trying to make a video with After Effects, that looks exactly like the game itself (Mario runs through a level).
I made a composition for the figure: the composition is a loop of the walk cycle from the figure.
Now my problem is that i don't know how to make Mario move on the map. My idea was to use a background of the whole level and just make a keyframe at the beginning and at the end of the picture so it scrolls.
Now i don't know what to do next: How can i make him move & jump? I tried to use Motion Path, but i can't make Mario stay "in the middle" of the screen. After a few sec he is squeezed to the right side. Also while he follows the motion path the movement is suddenly so fast, he looks like moving in triple speed.

Does anybody can give me some hints?
Thx.

Return to posts index

Michael Szalapski
Re: Creating a Video that looks like Super Mario on NES
on Nov 25, 2011 at 6:30:16 pm

Basic keyframe animation on the y axis should be sufficent. If the background is scrolling along seperatly, it should work just fine.

- The Great Szalam
(The 'Great' stands for 'Not So Great, in fact, Extremely Humble')

No trees were harmed in the creation of this message, but several thousand electrons were mildly inconvenienced.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]