ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

layer volume control

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
gary Jarvislayer volume control
by on Nov 23, 2011 at 12:44:21 am

I am looking for a simplistic way to control volume of different layers in AE. At the moment. when the different sounds overlap at the same volume, it's totally nuts, as I'm sure you can imagine. I am coming to the end of my first animation and everything is pretty much set, except for the audio.

Tks Gary

Return to posts index

John CuevasRe: layer volume control
by on Nov 23, 2011 at 2:03:11 am

Do you want everything to overlap? If not you can just trim the layers of audio with "alt + ]" to trim the tai or "alt + [" to trim the head.

You could also use the Audio > Stereo Mixer effect, set a couple of keyframes and cross dissolve the audio.

Johnny Cuevas, Editor

Return to posts index

gary JarvisRe: layer volume control
by on Nov 23, 2011 at 2:55:16 am

Hey John, thanks for the response, yyyep, some of them i want to overlap, with some more prominent that others. Would you happen to know any tutorials in using the stereo mixer, at the moment as far as audio goes I have a hand full of thumbs

Tks mate

Return to posts index

John CuevasRe: layer volume control
by on Nov 23, 2011 at 3:13:27 am

I don't know of any tutorials, the effect is very basic. Controls for volume and panning, both that can be keyframed. AE, really isn't much for audio, just a few basic effects.

If it isn't too complicated, the audio window(cntl + 4, not keyframable, controls overall volume of a layer) and the "stereo mixer" will handle the basics, after that you need audition and a sound guy(least I do).

Johnny Cuevas, Editor

Return to posts index

gary JarvisRe: layer volume control
by on Nov 23, 2011 at 3:43:54 am

Thanks John, I took a look at sound booth sheeeet, I'm gonna play with AE basics tomorrow and try and get it laid out then pass it on to one of my audio mates to fix.

Tks 4 your help

All the best Gary

Return to posts index

Michael SzalapskiRe: layer volume control
by on Nov 23, 2011 at 2:58:53 pm

If you're familiar with Premiere, you can just do your audio there.

- The Great Szalam
(The 'Great' stands for 'Not So Great, in fact, Extremely Humble')

No trees were harmed in the creation of this message, but several thousand electrons were mildly inconvenienced.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]