ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Podcasts Creative Cloud

Unscripted Camera Movement

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Patrick MerrickUnscripted Camera Movement
by on Nov 22, 2011 at 4:42:03 pm

Hello fellow cow people.

I am running into a problem using the Camera layer in after effects cs5.5. I have several images in 3D space that I want the camera to zoom out from and reveal other layers.

The problem I am running into is this. I create a new keyframe with the movement I want the camera to do (zoom out) and when I play it back, it first zooms in then zooms out. I am very confused and cannot find out why this is happening. I have looked at the graph and it does not show any strange movement, but I can see the position values changing as a scrub across time. What is going on?

Return to posts index

John CuevasRe: Unscripted Camera Movement
by on Nov 22, 2011 at 5:03:45 pm

Most likely your keyframes are set to one of the bezier types. Simple answer, click the position keyframes, right click on one of them and select "Keyframe Interpolation" and change your spatial keyframes to "linear".

To understand this better though, I suggest adobes help:

And to look at the 2 part tutorial here at the Cow:

Johnny Cuevas, Editor

Return to posts index

Patrick MerrickRe: Unscripted Camera Movement
by on Nov 22, 2011 at 5:33:20 pm

Thank you. I'll check out those tuts and see if I can better understand the problem to keep it from happening. I could see this as turning into a pain if it keeps doing this.

Return to posts index

Michael SzalapskiRe: Unscripted Camera Movement
by on Nov 22, 2011 at 7:15:27 pm

You can turn your default spatial interpolation to linear and it'll stop doing it.

- The Great Szalam
(The 'Great' stands for 'Not So Great, in fact, Extremely Humble')

No trees were harmed in the creation of this message, but several thousand electrons were mildly inconvenienced.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved