ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Podcasts Creative Cloud

Copy Transformation Properties Between Comps?

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Justin HillCopy Transformation Properties Between Comps?
by on Nov 19, 2011 at 12:29:17 am

Hello, I'm new to After Effects so forgive me if this seems like a silly question.

I am working on a graphic scoreboard for a project that spans several episodes. The score changes from episode to episode, and after making all of the scoreboards for each episode(by duplicating each comp and editing the text) I realized that each comp is just slightly too low on the screen and gets cut off. So I need to just give each comp for each episode a slight nudge from the bottom of the screen. Only problem is I have to do this about 13 times, and I don't trust myself to be able to get the graphic consistently in the same exact spot each time I adjust a new comp. Is there any way to copy just the attributes of all the comps(for their position) and apply them to other comps? Seems like that would save me a lot of time.

Return to posts index

John CuevasRe: Copy Transformation Properties Between Comps?
by on Nov 19, 2011 at 1:52:27 am

Unless I'm missing something, all you need to do is adjust your first scoreboard - press "p", click on the word position and hit "cntl+C". Now just open your next comp click the scoreboard layer and hit "cntl+V". You don't even need to open up the position property.

Johnny Cuevas, Editor

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved