ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Podcasts Creative Cloud

Not sure how to go about a text and image animation

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Laura MurphyNot sure how to go about a text and image animation
by on Nov 18, 2011 at 7:33:04 pm

I want to have text (one word) revolve 360 degrees and as it revolves it reveals the image underneath it - which is also circular shaped. I know how to rotate the text. The two issues I have are:

1). I need to move the center point (anchor?) the text revolves around so it revolves like the second hand on a clock would.

2). I have the image to be revealed on bottom layer and I had the text on the top layer. I tried adding solid circle shape as a track matte in between, but that isn't the effect I wanted. I am not sure if a mask is the right thing to use or if it is some other technique.

Not sure what tutorials to look for. Any help or a point in the right direction would be greatly appreciated.

Return to posts index

Angie TaylorRe: Not sure how to go about a text and image animation #AfterEffects Tip
by on Nov 19, 2011 at 9:46:51 am

Hi there,

To move the Anchor Point wherever you need it, use the Pan Behind tool. With this selected you can just pick up the Anchor Point and drag it anywhere within the Comp panel.

For the reveal, have you tried the Radial Wipe effect? this may give you what you need.

Hope this helps! :-)

Angie Taylor animation & illustration for television, film, web and devices
Twitter: theangietaylor
Linkedin: theangietaylor

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved