ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Render issues

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Natasha Roulston
Render issues
on Nov 16, 2011 at 7:40:51 pm

I am having issues with my renders. Each time there seems to be a different issues with the final project. First render had green flashes, second render had a "phantom double audio track" I am using Adobe After Effects CS3 with my iMac. (3.06 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo 4GB)

Is there something I should be doing before I do a final render? My project is 12 min with multiple comps and layers. HELP!!!

Return to posts index

Michael Szalapski
Re: Render issues
on Nov 16, 2011 at 9:11:23 pm

What types of footage are in your comps? Formats/codecs?
My guess is that you're using HDV of some sort with perhaps some AVCHD variant?
If so, Dave LaRonde's Stock Answer #1 applies:
Dave's Stock Answer #1:

If the footage you imported into AE is any kind of the following -- footage in an HDV acquisition codec, MPEG1, MPEG2, mp4, m2t, H.261 or H.264 -- you need to convert it to a different codec.

These kinds of footage use temporal, or interframe compression. They have keyframes at regular intervals, containing complete frame information. However, the frames in between do NOT have complete information. Interframe codecs toss out duplicated information.

In order to maintain peak rendering efficiency, AE needs complete information for each and every frame. But because these kinds of footage contain only partial information, AE freaks out, resulting in a wide variety of problems.

So, short answer, transcode your icky footage into something lossless (such as Quicktime with the PNG codec) with the Adobe Media Encoder and replace the footage in your comps with the new versions.

This wouldn't apply if you were using CS5. Even CS4 handled that type of footage better, but CS3 and older? Nope.

- The Great Szalam
(The 'Great' stands for 'Not So Great, in fact, Extremely Humble')

No trees were harmed in the creation of this message, but several thousand electrons were mildly inconvenienced.

Return to posts index

Natasha Roulston
on Nov 17, 2011 at 3:50:48 pm

I'm using .movs that are rendered out of premier. (using H.264 video codec) I will try replacing the footage! Thanks

Return to posts index

Michael Szalapski
on Nov 21, 2011 at 6:37:58 pm

"I'm using .movs that are rendered out of premier. (using H.264 video codec)"

Just out of curiosity, why hadn't you simply imported your Premiere project into AE?

- The Great Szalam
(The 'Great' stands for 'Not So Great, in fact, Extremely Humble')

No trees were harmed in the creation of this message, but several thousand electrons were mildly inconvenienced.

Return to posts index

Adrian Tan
on Jan 22, 2014 at 9:44:10 pm

Just wanted to add that I was having this issue and pulling my hair out. Green flashes all over the outputted file.

Transcoding original footage (in my case, h.264 from Canon DSLR) didn't work.

But what did work was simply changing the render output from uncompressed AVI to Quicktime with Animation codec. No idea why. Have exported to uncompressed AVI plenty of times before with no problems.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]