ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Podcasts Creative Cloud

Rendering and Compression with a non standard fps

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Eugene JayeRendering and Compression with a non standard fps
by on Nov 10, 2011 at 8:17:51 am

Hi all,

I think I am running into some big trouble. First and foremost, I'm only 3 days new to AE and animation.

I have two types of animation projects that needs to be combined as a single video. These two animation projects are done by different animators at different point of time. My company wants to combine them as a single portable video presentation. I have thought it is just an encoder task but after messing with it for 3 days, oh hell, I'm just about to die out of frustration.

Long story short

1. I have the source files (.aep) for these two projects
2. One project is done at 24fps which is 3.5 min long (Cartoon animation)
3. Another project is done at 35fps which is 6.5 min long (Motion graphics)
4. I'm using a PC and have installed xvid

What I tried
1. I rendered the two projects separately as Quick Time Movie (Animation)

Combined them with AE by importing as footage on two layers timeline

Render them as .AVI and compress with xvid

The file size is smaller(but still too huge to be burnt in dvd) and it can be played fine. When I copy and paste it to another computer, there is no picture and the playback is awful.

2. I tried to rendered and compressed as .AVI directly from the source files
The file size is super huge and I can't play at all

3. There is another method which I tried but can't remember what steps I took. There is picture and audio but the timing is wrong. The sound seems to be unaffected but the picture is slow and stuck.
It is a MOV file by the way.

Can you help me on this please?

Return to posts index

Michael SzalapskiRe: Rendering and Compression with a non standard fps
by on Nov 10, 2011 at 3:50:25 pm

Create a new AE project.
Import both AEP files into it.
Create a comp that matches the frame size and frame rate of the 24p comp. (Easiest way would be to drag the comp in the project window onto the "Make New Comp" button.)
Make the comp long enough to have both videos in it (10 minutes, right?) and drop the 35 fps comp into it. (35 fps? Really? Who does that?)
Render out as a Quicktime video with the PNG codec.
Import that file into Adobe Media Encoder and encode a nicely compressed file that will play back. Whether that's a WMV or a Qucktime with H.264 or an FLV for a flash presentation, it should do the trick.

- The Great Szalam
(The 'Great' stands for 'Not So Great, in fact, Extremely Humble')

No trees were harmed in the creation of this message, but several thousand electrons were mildly inconvenienced.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved