ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

freeze on Initializing Mediacore

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Matthew Beallfreeze on Initializing Mediacore
by on Nov 9, 2011 at 3:38:46 pm

I have a W7U64 PC..

AE has worked flawlessly since it was installed, but today it froze on "Initializing Mediacore" during startup.. Nothing has changed on my computer, no updates or new installs.. Not sure why this happened.. After scanning for a virus, I have tried all of the suggestions I found online, including opening the firewall, removing QT extentions, removing mediacore plugins, removing third party codecs, and as a last resort reinstalling qtime and ae and even rolling back several weeks using system restore.. Nothing has worked..

What else can I try? I really need to get this figured out and get some work done..

Return to posts index

Michael SzalapskiRe: freeze on Initializing Mediacore
by on Nov 9, 2011 at 8:39:35 pm

More info is likely to be useful, such as version of AE. Have you tried updating AE? There were some bug fixes implemented.

- The Great Szalam
(The 'Great' stands for 'Not So Great, in fact, Extremely Humble')

No trees were harmed in the creation of this message, but several thousand electrons were mildly inconvenienced.

Return to posts index

Matthew BeallRe: freeze on Initializing Mediacore
by on Nov 9, 2011 at 9:23:03 pm

Michael,

My version is 10.0.1.19.. it says no updates are available..

I created another temp user account and found AE ran fine in it, which leads me to believe there is some user setting or preference file that is corrupt.. I wonder if I could take the user settings/preferences from the new account I created and copy them over my own...?

Return to posts index

Michael SzalapskiRe: freeze on Initializing Mediacore
by on Nov 9, 2011 at 11:17:29 pm

Ah, it's something corrupt with Windows; typical. :P
I don't know what thing you would need to copy over, though I have heard of Windows doing this to people before. I don't recall there being any other solution. Just become the new person you created. It's no big deal, right? Secret agents adopt new identities all the time! :)

- The Great Szalam
(The 'Great' stands for 'Not So Great, in fact, Extremely Humble')

No trees were harmed in the creation of this message, but several thousand electrons were mildly inconvenienced.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]