ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Removing border from AE comp

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Gentry Reinhart
Removing border from AE comp
on Oct 26, 2011 at 7:25:40 pm

I'm new to AE and used a template to create a short corporate video. I've rendered, exported and sent it to the web designer to put in the banner of our new site but he's asking to get it without the black border around it.

I've looked in AE, Adobe help and some other forums but cant seem to find an answer to a seemingly simple issue.

Any ideas are much appreciated!

Return to posts index

Todd Kopriva
Re: Removing border from AE comp
on Oct 27, 2011 at 4:19:06 am

I'm not clear on what you mean. Please post a screenshot. Tell us about your composition settings and your output settings.

Also, in general, it's a good idea to give the exact version number of After Effects and your operating system when asking a question.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Todd Kopriva, Adobe Systems Incorporated
Technical Support for professional video software
After Effects Help & Support
Premiere Pro Help & Support
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Return to posts index

Gentry Reinhart
on Oct 28, 2011 at 3:05:10 pm

I'm using AE CS 5.5. Here's a shot with the border around it in our site's banner:

And here's the setting outputs (I think?)

Our developer says it needs to be over 418x744 and in a widescreen format. Does that make sense?

Thanks for the tips, they're much appreciated!

Return to posts index

Michael Szalapski
on Oct 27, 2011 at 9:55:07 pm

If your composition was the correct size, there would be no border at all. Like Todd said, some more info, screenshots, and/or your project file would be helpful.

- The Great Szalam
(The 'Great' stands for 'Not So Great, in fact, Extremely Humble')

No trees were harmed in the creation of this message, but several thousand electrons were mildly inconvenienced.

Return to posts index

Gentry Reinhart
on Oct 28, 2011 at 2:56:10 pm

Got it, thanks for the tips!

I'm using AE CS 5.5. Included is a a screen shot of where the border is appearing.

Return to posts index

Todd Kopriva
on Oct 28, 2011 at 8:13:08 pm

Your screenshots are such low resolution that I can't read any of the information.

I was hoping to see your composition settings, your render settings, and your output module settings so that I could tell whether you were creating an output movie that matched the dimensions (etc.) of your composition.

Todd Kopriva, Adobe Systems Incorporated
Technical Support for professional video software
After Effects Help & Support
Premiere Pro Help & Support

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]