ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Is 25 fps ok in AE for a FCPRO 50i sequence ?

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
jean mathis
Is 25 fps ok in AE for a FCPRO 50i sequence ?
on Oct 26, 2011 at 4:10:53 am

Just wondering: I am doing an animation in AE which is due to be imported in a FCPRO sequence
with 50i settings. Should I use 50 fps in AE or is 25 good enough? I somehow have the feeling that FCPRO
will generate the interpolated frames and that this will just not be as good as it gets.
Best
Jean

Return to posts index

Kevin Camp
Re: Is 25 fps ok in AE for a FCPRO 50i sequence ?
on Oct 26, 2011 at 2:46:34 pm

fcp probably won't do any interpolation, but 25p will work fine in a 50i timeline. if you are editing 25p with 50i material, you may notice that they look slightly different (50i will have smoother motion) but not many people will notice the difference.

however, you can work in a comp that is 25fps, then simply render as 50i by setting the render settings to do a field render (choosing the appropriate field order). that's a pretty normal workflow too, however renders will take 2x as long.

if you happen to have rendered material or footage in the comp that is not 50i (or 50p) then that material will not get interlaced unless you also enable frame blending (pixel motion) for the footage layers. that will also effect render time....

Kevin Camp
Senior Designer
KCPQ, KMYQ & KRCW

Return to posts index

jean mathis
Re: Is 25 fps ok in AE for a FCPRO 50i sequence ?
on Oct 26, 2011 at 10:04:03 pm

Thank you Kevin.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]