ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Podcasts Creative Cloud

Alpha-key QT footages freezes AE CS 5.5

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Vassil VassilevAlpha-key QT footages freezes AE CS 5.5
by on Oct 18, 2011 at 4:42:02 pm

Hello, I'm working with Action Essentials 2 and other alpha key Quicktime footages for a quite a long time without any problems. I installed the new version of AE ( CS5.5) and first everything was fine. Before 2 weeks I started a new project and couldn't import the Action Essentials 2 files. After Effects just freezes and I have to terminate it with the task manager. Tried the same on CS 5 and again - the same problem. I haven't had such problems before that. Finally I changed the destinations of the program's cache and database folders and everythig went ok again. Today the same problem occured... I tried to change and clear the cache and database folders as the last time, but this time it didn't worked. I have 100GB free on this hard drive and I dont know really the solution to the problem. No change of software nor hardware since it last worked. If someone can help me i would be very thankful. Im using windows 7 Ultimate x64

1) I have the leatest QT
2) I have the program on drive C
3) I have the cache folders on other drives (tried also on the same)
4) Downgraded to QT 7.2
5) Cleared cache
6) Moved the QT files to other destinations
7) Checked for unrecognisable characters

I CAN Import and work with regular .mov which DOES NOT have alpha channel.

I CAN'T export ANY type of quicktime through the render queue. An error occur: Rendering error while writing to file "name of the exported file". An output module failed. The file may be damaged or corrupt. (-1610153464)

Still not working. I even tried with other randomly downloaded Quick time .mov files with alpha channel and the same problem persists.
EDIT: Last night moved one of the blood bursts to different disk drive- worked for about a minute and freezed. Now I can't import them from this drive as well.

Return to posts index

Vassil VassilevRe: Alpha-key QT footages freezes AE CS 5.5
by on Nov 9, 2011 at 2:28:00 pm

Windows reinstall did the work.

Nothing is impossible...

Return to posts index

joe cooksRe: Alpha-key QT footages freezes AE CS 5.5
by on Feb 4, 2012 at 2:04:58 pm

Hey there,
I had the exact same thing with CS5.5 and reinstalled windows and it worked great- Thanks!. BUT a month on and it is doing the exact same thing again, whyyy?? Also with some other .mov clips I have that aren't pre-keyed, this is just madness.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved