ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Skew text

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Marc Lucas
Skew text
on Oct 16, 2011 at 9:45:18 pm

How do you enable the individual points of text to skew? I have added the skew property to the text but that affects all the text I want to more a corner of the text.

Thanks

Return to posts index

Marc Lucas
Re: Skew text
on Oct 16, 2011 at 9:47:52 pm

Sorry meant to skew the corners of a layer. I've imported a piece of 3D text and want to more one of the edges to fit a certain angle

Mmmm.

Return to posts index

Michael Szalapski
on Oct 18, 2011 at 7:11:00 pm

You mean like the Corner Pin effect? Or perhaps Mesh Warp, Bezier Warp or the Puppet Pin tool might do what you want. Or possibly Forge Freeform? I'm not quite understanding what you're trying to do.

- The Great Szalam
(The 'Great' stands for 'Not So Great, in fact, Extremely Humble')

No trees were harmed in the creation of this message, but several thousand electrons were mildly inconvenienced.

Return to posts index

Marc Lucas
on Oct 18, 2011 at 7:20:40 pm

Hi

Yes like a corner pin where you can isolate one corner of say a square so one point can be separatley moved while the other points stay fixed.

Return to posts index

Michael Szalapski
on Oct 18, 2011 at 9:24:49 pm

Well then, Corner Pin it is! [link]

- The Great Szalam
(The 'Great' stands for 'Not So Great, in fact, Extremely Humble')

No trees were harmed in the creation of this message, but several thousand electrons were mildly inconvenienced.

Return to posts index

Marc Lucas
on Oct 18, 2011 at 9:28:15 pm

Thanks for that

Thats why it through me because I didn't realise that you had to add an effect because in Motion you can just tab between the different kinds of transformations. Thats why originally I thought it might be a Shift or CTL key or combination of the two so you can isolate one of the corners.

Thanks

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]