ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Flattening an images color? (making a green and yellow object closer to all green?)

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
guy jones
Flattening an images color? (making a green and yellow object closer to all green?)
on Oct 15, 2011 at 6:06:02 am

hi, I've got some footage of green and yellow lizard skin and need to 'crush' the colors so it looks more green, ideally including less dark greens and yellows - flattening the colors to a single color and brightness if you will. thankyou in advance for any answers!
Guy

Return to posts index

Michael Szalapski
Re: Flattening an images color? (making a green and yellow object closer to all green?)
on Oct 18, 2011 at 7:04:41 pm

You could duplicate your layer, key out the yellow colors, reverse the alpha and then colorize the layer.
You could also use Hue/Saturation and, instead of working on the master channel, choose to work on yellow, adjust the settings a bit to isolate the colors you need to adjust and either choose to colorize them or just swing the hue somewhat.
You could also try some secondary color correction options with Color Finesse.
There are probably other ways too :)

- The Great Szalam
(The 'Great' stands for 'Not So Great, in fact, Extremely Humble')

No trees were harmed in the creation of this message, but several thousand electrons were mildly inconvenienced.

Return to posts index

guy jones
Re: Flattening an images color? (making a green and yellow object closer to all green?)
on Oct 31, 2011 at 5:44:30 am

hi, thanks for your reply, I believe adjusting seperate colors is the way, when I add a HSL / Hue effect, there just seems to be one hue control for the whole image, not seperate colors (like Photoshop), is there a way to do this? (or rather I'm sure there is, could you enlighten me, thankyou)

Return to posts index

Michael Szalapski
on Oct 31, 2011 at 1:11:12 pm

In After Effects, when you choose the hue/saturation effect, it has a channel dropdown. You can pick a different color, then change the settings of that color range to effect just the tones you want.

- The Great Szalam

No trees were harmed in the creation of this message, but several thousand electrons were mildly inconvenienced.

Return to posts index

guy jones
on Nov 2, 2011 at 12:40:44 am

you're right, I'm so used to using HSL effect instead, thanks again for your help

Return to posts index

Michael Szalapski
on Nov 2, 2011 at 2:22:48 am

You're welcome :)

- The Great Szalam

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]