ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Text Character Different Color - How ??

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Henry Panniell
Text Character Different Color - How ??
on Oct 13, 2011 at 9:59:16 pm

I have CS 3 and use Premier and Encore 100% of the time, now i have an ideal that i want to create animated text in AE and have each letter a different color. I can do it in Premier text tool, but Premier is limited in the animation dept. So, (A) I need to make is letter a different color, and (B) Export in into Premier.
I am all ears, I have been watching various "Basic Text Tutorial" for AE, but nothing takes me to where I want to go.

Novice Thanks-hap

Asus PC-DL Deluxe, dual3.2 Xeon, ATI Sapphire 9600 Atlantis, onboard sound

Return to posts index

John Cuevas
Re: Text Character Different Color - How ??
on Oct 14, 2011 at 1:04:52 pm

Create your a new comp in AE select the text tool and type in your text. With the character window open, select one letter of text and change the color. Save your project

In Premiere(don't use premiere often) I think you can now just import the AE composition and place it into your project...and if you want to change your colors, you can change them in AE and it will update in Premiere

Johnny Cuevas, Editor

Return to posts index

Henry Panniell
Re: Text Character Different Color - How ??
on Oct 15, 2011 at 1:48:19 am

Thanks for the reply, one problem I was having, AE by default is making my text to large and it would select more than on letter. I have to see how to change that, sure its simple enough, and Thanks again for the help. Hope when i finish this project I can spend some quality time with AE.

hap

Asus PC-DL Deluxe, dual3.2 Xeon, ATI Sapphire 9600 Atlantis, onboard sound

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]