ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Knoll light factory obscuration layer not working with C4D imported alphas / buffer

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
andré fryKnoll light factory obscuration layer not working with C4D imported alphas / buffer
by on Oct 13, 2011 at 5:46:43 pm

I've imported a scene from C4D R12 to AE CS5. When I try to use my alpha or buffered layers ( from C4D ) in Knoll Light Factory ' Obscuration Layer ' they don't work. Anyone else having the same problem ? Driving me mad !

Return to posts index

andré fryRe: Knoll light factory obscuration layer not working with C4D imported alphas / buffer
by on Oct 16, 2011 at 4:33:22 pm

Alpha's from Photoshop work fine but no luck with alpha's from C4D.

Someone help me, it's been 3 solid days and no luck ! I'm going mad here !

Return to posts index

Michael SzalapskiRe: Knoll light factory obscuration layer not working with C4D imported alphas / buffer
by on Oct 18, 2011 at 6:59:55 pm

What sort of file format are your C4D renders?
One thought would be to precomp them and use the precomps as the obscuration layer.

- The Great Szalam
(The 'Great' stands for 'Not So Great, in fact, Extremely Humble')

No trees were harmed in the creation of this message, but several thousand electrons were mildly inconvenienced.

Return to posts index

Gary HughesRe: Knoll light factory obscuration layer not working with C4D imported alphas / buffer
by on Jan 12, 2013 at 8:55:59 am

Ok. I'm having a similar problem. For the life of me, I can't get any file out of photoshop that will obscure the flare. Even if I precompose the layer, it doesn't obscure it. However, if I create a solid, turn the solid off, make it 3D (not sure that's needed) and precompose the hidden layer along with the photoshop layer, then turn on Collapse Transformations/Continuously Rasterize for the precomp, it obscures. What could I possibly be doing wrong here?

I tried PNG with transparency, TIF with transparency, TIF with alpha, PSD with transparency, PSD with alpha. No joy without the workaround.

Using CS6 and Knoll Light Factory 3 on Mac with Mountain Lion.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]