ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Greenscreen footage - then blur the KEY (inside section), keeping crisp outline?

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
guy jonesGreenscreen footage - then blur the KEY (inside section), keeping crisp outline?
by on Oct 12, 2011 at 11:40:21 pm

So my very long title probably says it well enough, basically I've got some greenscreen footage of an actor, keyed it out, and now want to blur / 'soften' the keyed results. The thing is, I get a blur over the whole thing, including a blurred edge! I can't work out how to do an 'inner blur' if you follow me, that keeps the crisp outline of the key. Alternatively there might be a plugin that does similar beauty work?, any help very appreciated, thankyou!
Guy

Return to posts index

ben g ungurenRe: Greenscreen footage - then blur the KEY (inside section), keeping crisp outline?
by on Oct 13, 2011 at 12:53:46 am

Make a copy of your key, then try the Simple Choker, giving it a value of, say, 5.0
Then add a Fast Blur.

Combine that result with your original to get a nice matte (blurred inside, crisp outside), precomp it and use the new and improved alpha to your heart's delight.

Ben Unguren
Motion Graphics & Editing
http://www.mostlydocumentary.com

Return to posts index

guy jonesRe: Greenscreen footage - then blur the KEY (inside section), keeping crisp outline?
by on Oct 14, 2011 at 4:46:21 pm

thankyou I will try this also, I should post my other workaround too - I duplicate the layer, blur the original, then set the Trackmatte to the duplicated layer (which I make invisible).
Guy

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]