ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Blending; white background on top of black barred back ground, blending them through.

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Esther DiepenhorstBlending; white background on top of black barred back ground, blending them through.
by on Oct 12, 2011 at 5:01:07 pm

I have a question regarding blending.
I have a short film piece of someone in front of a white board, the white is the same as the white in a movie shot where people are lined up in front of a witness stand at the police office. So in the movie layer I have an empty spot with just white and thick black lines of the height.

I can't seem to be able to get those black lines across the white area int he other layer. Doesn't matter what layer style I pick; it will most of the times remove every non black bar covered piece and leave only what is printed on the black lines.

What I tried;
Mode set to darken, makes thick black lines come through but also across my person. I can't mask them out because it will cause a colour difference (dark and light).
Add, lighten screen all give results that I do not want.

There must be something I am overlooking here, but I don't know what.

I will add a single frame of my person for anyone wondering what I mean.
http://img845.imageshack.us/img845/7006/total00001.png

Basically I have a layer under this one equally white with thick black bars horizontally.
I want them to push through the whiteness.

I tried keying with color range but I can't get rid of all the whiteness with the shadows so I am stuck with the same problem then all over again.

Return to posts index

ben g ungurenRe: Blending; white background on top of black barred back ground, blending them through.
by on Oct 13, 2011 at 12:58:27 am

Looks to me like you'll need to do some rotoscoping. Take a look at Mocha AE (included with later versions of AE). You might be able to use the Calculations filter to isolate certain parts of the image, then combine that with MochaAE to come up with a useful matte.

Ben Unguren
Motion Graphics & Editing
http://www.mostlydocumentary.com

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]