ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Giving presentations using motion graphics

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Wouter van den Berg
Giving presentations using motion graphics
on Oct 6, 2011 at 8:34:44 pm

I've searched the internet far and wide for this, without results.

A while ago, I saw this:

Suppose I was able to make motion graphics like this in After Effects, and suppose that I want to give an oral presentation in a class room.

how could I use this? How could I combine the beauty of motion graphic video with the control of powerpoint? Could I somehow just render a video and put markers at certain points in time where it would pause until I hit play again, at which point it continues until the next marker? Or should I export every 'scene' as video and put it on a slide in powerpoint, so that I just use powerpoint controls such as 'next slide' etc.? That would go a little bit like this: "show slide --> let piece of motion graphic video play --> click for next slide ---> new bit of video starts".

I'm having a terribly tough time explaing my desire here. I hope someone understands what I'm aiming at.

Return to posts index

Sean Mullen
Re: Giving presentations using motion graphics
on Oct 6, 2011 at 11:18:58 pm

I think you're on the right track here. Map out your discussion and video. Find key areas where you would want to pause and continue your videos. Render your video in sections, then in Powerpoint or Keynote make the slides identical in design so there is no transition between slides. If the last frame of the video in slide 1 matches the first frame of the video in slide two, the presentation should be seamless to your audience.

Sean Mullen
Rampant Design Tools

Return to posts index

Wouter van den Berg
on Oct 7, 2011 at 3:02:48 pm

Thank you Sean.

I've tried using Powerpoint this way and although it feels like I'm pushing the program to its limit, it works. Kind off.

If I place a video in powerpoint, I can see a "preview" when it's not playing yet. The preview being the first frame of the video. Do you know why this frame is of lesser quality than when I play the video? Because it is, at least in my case. (The background in the video is a radiant gradient and before the video starts you can clearly see the color lines in the preview, whereas the background is more smooth during playback).

Return to posts index

Sean Mullen
on Oct 7, 2011 at 11:40:31 pm

I'm not a powerpoint expert by any means, I've only done a handful of presentations in it. That said, is the preview quality something that can be changed when you right click on the video or in the preferences? Does it look better when you export a final presentation?

Sean Mullen
Rampant Design Tools

Return to posts index

Thomas Leong
on Oct 8, 2011 at 6:27:32 am

Have a look at AvStumpfl's Wings Platinum. The demo version allows you to select and test the various versions for their respective features. Its transition and Text features, however, are not Powerpoint, so you may want to export PPT slides as jpg, bmp or png to import into Wings.

The Starter version has the Pause markers you require. The next version up, the Pro version has Jump to Position markers and other additional functions. The Help Files > Versions and Modules > has a Table comparing features of the various versions.

Licencing is via USB dongles.

Return to posts index

Roland R. Kahlenberg
on Oct 9, 2011 at 2:52:57 pm

Has anyone tried Adobe Encore's export to Flash feature or even Flash Catalyst? Those look like they're viable solutions.

HTH
RoRK

Intensive AE & Mocha Training in Singapore and Malaysia.

Return to posts index

Michel Salloum
on May 21, 2015 at 9:18:25 pm

Hi all.. Old theard here..
What I do split the the video to small pieces and just use VLC player that can go seamlessly between the videos..
That worked good for me..

But I keep thinking that there is some software out there that just allow me to set marker in a video file to make it paus At certain points.. And am searching for it.. So I found this theard..

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]