ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Podcasts Creative Cloud

missing files

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
kevin mcgloughlinmissing files
by on Oct 6, 2011 at 2:52:44 pm

hello all,ive been working for a few months on a project and im quite happy with it so far,BUT,i had a disastrous hard drive crash and although i was able to get a data recovery all the file names have changed,is it possible for ae to recognize the files with different names,Please help,

Return to posts index

ben g ungurenRe: missing files
by on Oct 6, 2011 at 3:20:42 pm

If the file names have changed, you'll need to reconnect things manually. Just open the AE project, double-click one of your missing files, and then locate it and relink the files. If only the folder names have changed, AE might be able to relink everything immediately once you link one of them.

If the actual file names have changed (not just the folder/directory names), then select a missing file, press command+H (ctrl+H on PC) and locate the correct replacement for that file. You'll need to do this manually for each file.

Ben Unguren
Motion Graphics & Editing

Return to posts index

kevin mcgloughlinRe: missing files
by on Oct 6, 2011 at 9:34:15 pm

thanks for your reply,my ae is not with me now,but surely will give that a go when its back,cheers

Return to posts index

kevin mcgloughlinRe: missing files
by on Mar 6, 2012 at 2:15:30 pm

thank you Ben,and sorry for the late reply,i only realised i never responded properly,your help was great and much appreciated

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved