ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Podcasts Creative Cloud

Where do I find the AE render Bin ?

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Will GranzierWhere do I find the AE render Bin ?
by on Sep 29, 2011 at 5:19:09 am

Hi Guys

I am a complte noob to AE. I used a template with some footage ... it rendered out and after the render I noticed that my drive space was running low... Just on 2 gig. Before it hovered around 10gig ...

How do I assign an external drive as a render drive like you do in FCP or Motion ? And where would I find that clunk of render data on my Mac ?

Thnx for your help

Return to posts index

Kevin CampRe: Where do I find the AE render Bin ?
by on Sep 29, 2011 at 3:50:27 pm

saving a render in ae is more direct than in an nle, you set the name and place to save the render it in the render queue. it's the 'output to' setting, just click the underlined name and set the name and directory.

to find where the others are, look at the previously rendered 'output to' names and search for those and delete them. they are probably all in the same directory.

Kevin Camp
Senior Designer

Return to posts index

Sean MullenRe: Where do I find the AE render Bin ?
by on Sep 29, 2011 at 4:01:47 pm

Hi there William,

If you are talking about the disk cache, you can find that under preferences, Media & Disk Cache. From there you can dictate the size and location of the cache.

If you are on a mac, I believe the disk cache defaults to users/username/library/caches/temporaryitems

and the media cache should be in
users/username/library/application support/adobe/common

I'm not certain of the PC file path, but all of this is declared in your AE preferences.

And of course you can set the location of your actual render to any drive you like from the Render Queue window.

Sean Mullen
Rampant Design Tools

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved