ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

bridge won't open

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Suzin Daly
bridge won't open
on Sep 27, 2011 at 9:32:12 pm

I was following a tutorial I opened bridge for a text pre set. I closed by hitting the X.

Now I can not open bridge, went to animation, browse pre sets and nothing happened. Tried also going to file, browse bridge, won't open.

I also closed AE, reopened still won't open. Suggestions in solving this?

Return to posts index

Todd Kopriva
Re: bridge won't open
on Sep 27, 2011 at 11:01:52 pm

Can you open Bridge on its own (from the Finder or the Windows Start menu)?

BTW, it really helps if you give more information when asking a question---at least application version numbers and operating system.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Todd Kopriva, Adobe Systems Incorporated
Technical Support for professional video software
After Effects Help & Support
Premiere Pro Help & Support
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Return to posts index

Suzin Daly
Re: bridge won't open in AE
on Sep 27, 2011 at 11:09:43 pm

I can open bridge from the windows startup
Still can't open from AE Animation, browse pre sets

application version 10.5.10.253 [AE 5.5]
2% use of 8.0 GB
Windows 7

Return to posts index

Bryan DiCerb
on Sep 28, 2011 at 1:55:02 am

I have the same issue with mine. I can't open bridge within after effects, but can open it from finder.

I am on lion / cs 5.5

Return to posts index

Suzin Daly
on Sep 28, 2011 at 12:36:56 pm

I tried calling the tech support, which happens to be in India. I was told to uninstall the suite, use clean sweep, then reinstall.

I don't trust their knowledge. Any thoughts?

Return to posts index

Suzin Daly
on Sep 28, 2011 at 12:40:07 pm

Correction Clean Script

Return to posts index

Todd Kopriva
on Sep 28, 2011 at 3:51:31 pm

> I don't trust their knowledge. Any thoughts?

My thought is that you should try what the Technical Support professionals recommended.

If it doesn't work, then let them know so that they can escalate the case up the chain to someone else.

Return to posts index

Suzin Daly
on Sep 28, 2011 at 4:30:33 pm

I followed instructions, such as deleting preferences, closing down the program and restarting. It was told to , unistall the Suite, use clean script which will wipe out every Adobe program on my computer. Then reinstall CS5.5 suite and every other adobe program that was removed. I was told the link is broken in AE to browse pre sets.

The last time a few years ago when I followed blindly I almost wiped out my computer. I was smart enough to stop, when I got turned over to the manager, I was given an 800 number that hooked me up with tech in USA. Solved the problem...I lost the number. Maybe it has been discontinued... there you have it

Return to posts index

Todd Kopriva
on Sep 28, 2011 at 6:00:48 pm

Please respond with the case number for your case with Adobe Technical Support.

I can use that to check on the status of your case and see what can be done to get you help.

Return to posts index

Suzin Daly
on Sep 28, 2011 at 6:15:34 pm

Case: 0182676917

This might help Bryan DiCerb, who is having the same problem.

Return to posts index

Todd Kopriva
on Sep 28, 2011 at 6:57:22 pm

> It was told to , unistall the Suite, use clean script which will wipe out every Adobe program on my computer. Then reinstall CS5.5 suite and every other adobe program that was removed.

Did you try these things that were suggested to you?

Return to posts index

Suzin Daly
on Sep 28, 2011 at 8:49:27 pm

Update:

I brought up Bridge through the finder. Then I closed it through exit.

When I went back into AE I retried using Animation browse pre-sets and tried from file > Browse Bridge, it came up.

I don't understand why that would make a difference, because after I had closed bridge by using the corner x the link stopped working.

I feel like Alice in Wonderland, I went through the mirror.

However, if this had not happened my next step would have been to unistall [I would have read carefully before using Clean script, maybe yes, maybe no] and reinstalled. For now....back to work

I thank the forum for the patience of a beginner...

Return to posts index

Bryan DiCerb
Re: bridge won't open
on Sep 28, 2011 at 1:11:38 pm

I originally did the demo and then after a couple weeks I bought it and entered in the serial number. I never tried the bridge during the demo so don't know if it worked before,

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]