ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

How to update changed Photoshop file - while keeping keyframes intact

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
TImi BooseHow to update changed Photoshop file - while keeping keyframes intact
by on Sep 26, 2011 at 7:16:30 am

I am trying to animate a character in Aftereffects CS4. I imported a layered Photoshop file - its about 20 layers - did a bunch of moving of anchor points and keyframing. Then I realized that the composition was set to custom instead of NTSC DV. I changed it to NTSCDV, and now my character is far too big. When I scale it down, it doesn't scale properly at all. I changed the size of the photoshop file so that it fits within 720 X 480 but it doesn't seem to be updating. I don't want to reimport it and then redo all the anchorpoint and keyframing adjustments again. I'm sure there is something simple that I'm missing.

Return to posts index

ben g ungurenRe: How to update changed Photoshop file - while keeping keyframes intact
by on Sep 26, 2011 at 1:03:08 pm

A good way to scale lots of layers together is to create a new layer (a solid, i.e.) and make it the master parent of all the other layers, then scale / position / rotate the new layer until you get everything else where you need it.

Leave any layers that are already parented to another layer alone. Just connect the upstream parent layers to that, in the end, each parenting chain ends up at the new layer / master

Once you've got everything how you want it, simply delete the master parent. (Of course, you can keep the master parent for later manipulation if you want.)

Ben Unguren
Motion Graphics & Editing
http://www.mostlydocumentary.com

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]