ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Podcasts Creative Cloud

Motion flicked

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Tim HammerMotion flicked
by on Sep 23, 2011 at 11:24:13 am

I'm pretty unexperienced in Adobe After Effects and I was trying to imate a texteffect from a Video I saw.

This is the video i talked about
(The text i talked about can be found at 0:14.)

I already managed to create an effect, so the text already looks like the text in the video.
However, my problem is, that my text doesn't have any motion, so it looks a bit lame.
How do I manage to get the effect have this moving flicker behind the black text?

I would be really grateful if someone could help me with this.
I already trid a lot but I don't have any experience with motions like that in AE.

Thanks in advance.

Best regards.

Return to posts index

Todd KoprivaRe: Motion flicked
by on Sep 23, 2011 at 4:48:22 pm

The basics of animating text are here.

There are a lot of examples and tutorials for animating text here.

I recommend starting here to learn After Effects.

Todd Kopriva, Adobe Systems Incorporated
Technical Support for professional video software
After Effects Help & Support
Premiere Pro Help & Support

Return to posts index

Tim HammerRe: Motion flicked
by on Sep 23, 2011 at 8:31:28 pm

Thanks, Todd, I will look which of these tutorials could help me and read them.
However, there are many tutorials for Text Animation types i already know and for now I would really like to know how to make exactly the same animatione like the Text in the video is using.
Like i already said, i only need to know how to animate the effect behin the black text.
I already made the effect behind the black text but the problem is, that it is not moving like the text in the Yotuube video.

I would be really grateful if you could give me a tip how to get this effect or if you could tell me wheather one of the tutorials is explaining this.

Thanks in advance.

Return to posts index

ben g ungurenRe: Motion flicked
by on Sep 23, 2011 at 9:47:14 pm

Behind the text there are a hundred different things happening. I don't think you can reasonably expect anyone on the forum to break it all down for you. Nor could any of use create an exact replica of this animation, though I'm sure a lot of us could get pretty close to it. There is some film grunge going on, lots of shaking (maybe a wiggle expression, or otherwise randomizing the position), looks like there is some flickering (again, a randomization of a filter like Exposure), and then you have all the specific animated imagery, different kinds of blurs applied to each, varying degrees of grey, blend modes, etc.

I suggest you isolate a very particular part of the animation you're trying to understand, and then be more specific about the problems you're experiencing; more than simply "the effect behind the black text" -- there's a lot of black text, and there are a lot of effects behind them.

Ben Unguren
Motion Graphics & Editing

Return to posts index

Tim HammerRe: Motion flicked
by on Sep 24, 2011 at 9:04:37 am

Sorry for my vague explanation.
I'm talking about the white Noise Effect behind the black Credittext.

Here you can see a screenshot of the text I'm talking about.

As you can see in the video at 0:45 this effects behin the text is moving irregluar and changing its shape.
The irregular moving should be no problem for Twitch but I don't know how I get the effects to change its shape like the effect in the video.

Return to posts index

ben g ungurenRe: Motion flicked
by on Sep 24, 2011 at 7:46:42 pm

For that kind of sporadic, organic movement, I'd suggest the Displacement Map filter. This filter is often used as a part of the pipeline when turning text into smoke or fire -- you wouldn't push it as far as that, but a little displacement will get the job done. If you aren't familiar with the effect, you will want to watch a tutorial or two beforehand, as it requires an additional reference layer to define the displacement.

Ben Unguren
Motion Graphics & Editing

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved