ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

After Efects using Pen tool

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Doug Helsby
After Efects using Pen tool
on Sep 19, 2011 at 2:08:33 pm

I have been following Simon bonner's tutorial on animating a map with the pen tool. I follow it very well. The main problem i have is that when I animate a car to follow a line drawn with the pen tool, the car starts half way along the route and not the start. I cannot change the start position of the car. It almost defaults every time to the key frame mid point on the line.I have tried at least half a dozen times and have painstakingly followed the tutorial, but each time the addition of the car to follow the route starts half way along the bezier line drawn on the map. I start my bezier line where I wish the journey to start. I am baffled!! Any help please.
Thanks
Doug

Doug

Return to posts index

Stefan Hinze
Re: After Efects using Pen tool
on Sep 19, 2011 at 3:26:59 pm

hey,
where is your ancor-point? is it set right?
try to get rid of the car for now, use a NULL or a SOLID and if it works, parent the car.

hope that helps

Return to posts index

Doug Helsby
on Sep 20, 2011 at 8:39:58 am

Thanks for your reply. I can get the animation to work when I draw a straight line, but when I wish to draw a line with a finish point at the start point; ie cruise route from UK to Russia and back,I get problems.
The nodes appear to change on the route drawn from small circles to a double square. I need the square at the beginning of the route to be animated.
This is the first time I have used Bezier and I cannot find out what the various 'nodes shapes' mean.
I have followed the tutorial on this and the guy suggests using a solid which is what you are suggesting. Perhaps I need more practice!!
Doug

Doug

Return to posts index

Michael Szalapski
on Sep 21, 2011 at 2:41:29 pm

This page should help: [link]

- The Great Szalam
(The 'Great' stands for 'Not So Great, in fact, Extremely Humble')

No trees were harmed in the creation of this message, but several thousand electrons were mildly inconvenienced.

Return to posts index

Doug Helsby
on Sep 21, 2011 at 6:45:58 pm

Michael

Thanks for the link, it is exactly what I was looking for.

cheers

Doug

Doug

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]