ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Podcasts Creative Cloud

Timeline - Scene Deletion

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
chase russellTimeline - Scene Deletion
by on Sep 16, 2011 at 8:13:55 pm

Hi guys, im new to after effects and was wondering if somebody could help me with an issue im having.

I bought a video intro template and the video has 20 scenes in it, each have text and a placeholder. I would like my video to be a little shorter and want to delete some scenes. My problem is this, if you delete a scene you are left with a blank spot in the timeline. So say I delete scene 4, is there an easy way to move all scenes 5-20 over to the left to fill in the blank spot left from deleting scene 4? All of the scenes overlap a little bit and it will be a huge pain in the but to move each scene individually and get the overlapping perfect. I tried selecting multiple scenes in the time line and sliding them to the left but it wouldn't let me.

Return to posts index

Jason MettlerRe: Timeline - Scene Deletion
by on Sep 18, 2011 at 4:56:08 am

Click the mouse and drag the highlight square over all the layers you want to select. Simply, then, click on one of the layers in the view with the colored bars. Don't let go, and drag them all over to the spot you want. You must have done something to click off the layers because your instinct was right on your first attempt.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved