ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Matte question

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Bruce FrankelMatte question
by on Sep 14, 2011 at 3:51:13 pm

Here is my situation: I am trying to bring on a text super by sliding it on screen, left to right. Not a big deal, right? However, it will slide out from a vertical, 3pt wide, 40 pt. tall, stroke line that is on top of a white, semi-transparent, wall-to-wall, lower-third banner. The effect has to take place in the middle of the screen. I thought I'd do a white matte to hide the super before sliding it out, but I can see it because the banner is 80% transparent. So how to I matte out the super, then have it reveal while appearing to come out of the vertical line, left to right?

Return to posts index

Dave LaRondeRe: Matte question
by on Sep 14, 2011 at 4:08:17 pm

Use a solid as a track matte for that text. You can mask & feather the solid for a more smooth-looking transition. Works like a charm.

Dave LaRonde
Sr. Promotion Producer
KCRG-TV (ABC) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

Bruce FrankelRe: Matte question
by on Sep 14, 2011 at 5:22:57 pm

Thanks for the suggestion. I will work on that. BTW, I went to Coe College, right down the street! We watched KCRG all the time.

Return to posts index

Dave LaRondeRe: Matte question
by on Sep 14, 2011 at 5:33:17 pm

If you haven't been back to Coe in the last 5 years, you really ought to visit. Recent construction has transformed the school's look from that of a community college with ivy on a few buildings to a real college campus.

Dave LaRonde
Sr. Promotion Producer
KCRG-TV (ABC) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

Bruce FrankelRe: Matte question
by on Sep 14, 2011 at 9:27:04 pm

Well, I am of an older vintage. I haven't been back to CR since 1978. A week's worth of groceries was $15 at the Hy-Vee on 1st Ave. It was a great town and the nearby nursing school provided a lot of entertainment.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]