ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Podcasts Creative Cloud

motion tracking settings and specifics

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Brian Atchleymotion tracking settings and specifics
by on Sep 12, 2011 at 11:34:12 pm

I am trying to track something, but the "trail" of all the tracking points makes the screen cluttered and hard to see. anyway to adjust the amount seen on screen, like, the last ten attach points or something? (im calling them attach points; i don't really know what they're called)

I know the basics of motion tracking, but don't know exactly what each component does.
Correct me if i'm wrong:

the cross hairs in the middle of the two boxes define the actual position of the track, i.e. if i didn't move the cross hairs, but moved the box around it, my element wouldn't change positions.

I'm still confused though: if the cross hairs are what defines what moves, what are the long list of dots connected by a line? those are always in a different position than the cross hairs, but seem to be showing a motion path of some sort.

Return to posts index

Dave LaRondeRe: motion tracking settings and specifics
by on Sep 12, 2011 at 11:42:03 pm

They're showing you the frame-by-frame positions of the clip's track points. Be glad for them.

Dave LaRonde
Sr. Promotion Producer
KCRG-TV (ABC) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

Michael SzalapskiRe: motion tracking settings and specifics
by on Sep 13, 2011 at 2:15:23 pm

I'd check for myself, but my AE machine is rendering at the moment. I believe you can adjust in the preferences how far a motion trail goes for.

- The Great Szalam
(The 'Great' stands for 'Not So Great, in fact, Extremely Humble')

No trees were harmed in the creation of this message, but several thousand electrons were mildly inconvenienced.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved