ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

no opengl compatible card in after effects while mine is

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
mayankesh ranjanno opengl compatible card in after effects while mine is
by on Sep 12, 2011 at 6:30:46 am

PLEASE HELP ME OUT:
My laptop sys config is
intel i5,4gb ddr3 ram,ati radeon hd6630m 1gb graphics card and intel hd3000 switchable.

My issue is after effects cs5.5 and also earlier version shows my opengl off. According to them "no opengl compatible card found" while mine radeon is.I updated my card with latest driver still problem is there.Also in photoshop it is detecting only my intel graphics card.

plzzz help me out. I tried each n every soln.and does opengl is compulsory to have in ae. I mean it is but not having it will only slow rendering?
thnks in advace

Return to posts index

Dave LaRondeRe: no opengl compatible card in after effects while mine is
by on Sep 12, 2011 at 3:26:38 pm

You should worry more about your pitifully small about of memory than you should about Open GL.

Open GL may help speed up previewing in AE, but it almost always hurts when rendering. It often causes incorrect renders. Adobe employees don't use Open GL when they render, which should give you a hint about how useful it is.

No, you need more RAM. Lots more RAM. Since you only have 4GB, you should turn of multiprocessing and LEAVE IT OFF. Don't turn it on again until you have at least 16 GB RAM in your machine.

Lots of fast processors and lots of memory are the keys to fast AE rendering. Open GL is not.

Dave LaRonde
Sr. Promotion Producer
KCRG-TV (ABC) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

Todd KoprivaRe: no opengl compatible card in after effects while mine is
by on Sep 13, 2011 at 5:51:57 am

Your card isn't on the list of cards that After Effects can use for OpenGL rendering:
http://www.adobe.com/products/aftereffects/extend.html

Dave is right. See the resources here for information about the hardware that you need to make the best use of After Effects.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Todd Kopriva, Adobe Systems Incorporated
Technical Support for professional video software
After Effects Help & Support
Premiere Pro Help & Support
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]