ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Finding the correct render size and output

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Dustin WrightFinding the correct render size and output
by on Sep 9, 2011 at 7:34:18 pm

Hey guys,

I took a project in After Effects after having some experience in the past with it, and haven't had any problems up until the most crucial part. I am using AE CS5, and am making a 1.5 minute highlight video for a company event. This video will be played on a large screen in a 100 person conference room by an employee's Windows laptop with limited video software. The file I want to output has to be fairly small and in a very accessible file format.

They want me to output it for Windows Media Player, but I can't figure out for the life of me how to get from A to B. I can output in .mov format fine, but the file is way too big. The client will accept .mov, but I would be looking at a file that is 1 gig or more, which is unacceptable. I do not know the right compression to use with Adobe Media Encoder or After Effects to get to where I need to be, and this thing has a deadline.

Bottom Line: I need a 1.5 minute video from After Effects in .wmv, .mov, or .avi rendered in a couple hundred mbs or less. How can I do this with Mac Adobe CS Master Suite? Thanks in advance for any help.

Return to posts index

Dave LaRondeRe: Finding the correct render size and output
by on Sep 9, 2011 at 7:51:01 pm

Bring your gigantic, good looking file rendered in AE into Adobe Media Encoder. From there you can transcode to the form you wish. If you're on a Windows Box, you ought to be able to encode to Windows Media; if not there must be a free downloadable snippet of software from Microsoft that will allow you to do so.

If you're on a Mac, you'll need something like Flip4Mac (not the freebie one, you have to pay for it).

Dave LaRonde
Sr. Promotion Producer
KCRG-TV (ABC) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

Dustin WrightRe: Finding the correct render size and output
by on Sep 9, 2011 at 8:21:42 pm

Thanks for the reply - I am on a Mac, and I appreciate the product suggestion. I noticed Adobe Media Encoder has fairly similar option to After Effects' render queue. In any case, neither will render .wmv, .avi, or a manageable .mov file. I have seen FAQs about this and screenshots by Adobe themselves that show other options, including 'Movies for Windows' or some such option for encoding. I assume this is on the Windows version only? If I have to get another program I will... I just want to make sure I'm not missing anything.

Return to posts index

Dave LaRondeRe: Finding the correct render size and output
by on Sep 9, 2011 at 8:44:00 pm

[Dustin Wright] "I have seen FAQs about this and screenshots by Adobe themselves that show other options, including 'Movies for Windows' or some such option for encoding. I assume this is on the Windows version only?"

No, that's because the computer runs either Flip4Mac or another product purchased from Telestream. It's time to open the wallet.

Dave LaRonde
Sr. Promotion Producer
KCRG-TV (ABC) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]