ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Photoshop to 1280 vid

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
gary JarvisPhotoshop to 1280 vid
by on Sep 9, 2011 at 1:34:27 pm

G'morning all,

Is there a difference or better way when converting large PS files to vid, between.

a) Changing in PS i.e image size to 1280 x 720 x 72 res

b) Open new trans film and video layer, drag large file in, keeping layers/characters at a large size i.e basically filling 1280 layer then, scaling down in AE.

c) There's a better way?

Being the files are PS as opposed to ai my concern is getting best res (clearest pic) when projecting.

Tks

Return to posts index

Todd KoprivaRe: Photoshop to 1280 vid
by on Sep 12, 2011 at 2:31:34 am

Do your scaling in Photoshop, not After Effects.

See "Preparing still-image files for importing".

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Todd Kopriva, Adobe Systems Incorporated
Technical Support for professional video software
After Effects Help & Support
Premiere Pro Help & Support
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Return to posts index

gary JarvisRe: Photoshop to 1280 vid
by on Sep 12, 2011 at 12:23:24 pm

Thanks Todd,

It's kinda strange, as I've worked in PS for quite a few years now, way, way before smart objects and, the mindset of enlarging a reduced pixelated item is like ones first rappel or jump so, I do appreciate everyones patience and help.

The first half of this animation, 3 mins in length, was basically large files that I had scaled down in AE, when I rendered it, it took about 3 hours and is close to 20 gigs, it was that standing on the edge and, waiting to go feeling. Okay, the front and back of this animation are going to be 1280 x 72 sized in PS to the largest size I need them to be in within the actual set.

It's time to let go.

Tks

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]