ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Rendering a frame range, preserving frame numbers (AE CS5)

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Patrick Doan
Rendering a frame range, preserving frame numbers (AE CS5)
on Sep 8, 2011 at 7:22:05 pm

Hello

I am a rendering a frame range (01129 - 01468) in the Render Queue and for some reason it is not preserving the frame numbers, and instead rendering the first frame at 00001 and incrementing, instead of starting at the first frame of 01129.

This is the first time I have this happen to me. I'm using After Effects CS5 on Mac (OS X Lion) and I've never had problems exporting frame ranges before. It would be ridiculous to think that Adobe suddenly decided to remove this feature!

Any ideas?

Thanks!

Patrick

Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
Re: Rendering a frame range, preserving frame numbers (AE CS5)
on Sep 8, 2011 at 7:33:59 pm

Check the comp's render settings in the render queue. It sounds like something simple: a check box was accidentally checked or something like that.

Dave LaRonde
Sr. Promotion Producer
KCRG-TV (ABC) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

Patrick Doan
on Sep 9, 2011 at 4:42:10 am

after browsing around for 5 - 10 minutes, i can't seem to find a check box which asks whether i want the range being rendered to start at 00000 or to start at the current frame number. which would be strange because i have been doing "range rendering" since After Effects 6.0 and never had to checkbox anything - it would number the frames automatically, as it should.

here is a screenshot of my render queue settings:

Render Queue Export Settings

Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
on Sep 9, 2011 at 2:43:53 pm

Mind you, I've never had to start rendering an image sequence at a certain frame number; starting at zero has always been good enough for me. But I would be interested to know what lies in that "Custom" button you circled. Unfortunately, I can't go to my AE machine to investigate personally.

Dave LaRonde
Sr. Promotion Producer
KCRG-TV (ABC) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

Patrick Doan
on Sep 10, 2011 at 12:14:32 am

Normally you isolate a segment of the sequence to render when a new iteration is being requested to render. If the sequence lasts 3 minutes and you just need to update 12 seconds of that 3 minutes, it makes sense to render that 12 seconds rather than rendering out the entire sequence again, especially if the sequence is intensive and slow to render.

It seems I will have to use some batch renaming software to rename the exported sequence.

Best

Return to posts index

Remi Belcourt
on Jun 23, 2013 at 2:06:13 am

Patrick, did you ever figure this out? It seems I am currently having the same troubles you did 2 years ago. I would like to know what your solution was? I have been struggling with this almost a week, but I dont want to give up.

Thankyou,
Remi Belcourt

Return to posts index

Hannes Junge
on Aug 28, 2013 at 9:09:33 am

I have faced the same issue. Worked perfectly so far, but SUDDENTLY - without any action or changing something - the render starts every time at Frame0, regardless where i set my render range.

really annoying. I finally found the appropriate Setting under

Bearbeiten->Vorlage->Ausgabemodul || Einstellungen->Bearbeiten-> [x] Kompositions-Framenummer verwenden.

....since i am from Germany (and have the German Version of After Effects) i SUGGEST the above path in the english Version is something like:

Edit->Templates->Outputmodules || Settings->Edit [X] use comp. Framenumber

i have attached a screenshot where you can see where this setting is.

(Version: After Effects CC)

good luck :-)

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]