ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

tracer bullet moving away

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Lisa Simonson
tracer bullet moving away
on Sep 8, 2011 at 12:21:18 am

Hi,

I'm trying to create simple tracer bullets disappearing into the background. As if they were moving away from you (POV) I found tracer bullet tutorials but none from that angle. can someone help?

Thanks

Return to posts index

Corlin Palmer
Re: tracer bullet moving away
on Sep 8, 2011 at 12:42:13 am

I would say just change the opacity of the tracer over time, so it will gently fade away

Return to posts index

Michael Szalapski
on Sep 8, 2011 at 5:14:14 pm

What tutorial were you following that couldn't be adapted to a different angle? If you're using CC Particle World or Particular, it's really easy. If you're using Beam...well, it's also really easy.

Basically I'm asking: how are you creating these tracers?

- The Great Szalam
(The 'Great' stands for 'Not So Great, in fact, Extremely Humble')

No trees were harmed in the creation of this message, but several thousand electrons were mildly inconvenienced.

Return to posts index

Lisa Simonson
on Sep 8, 2011 at 8:03:23 pm

hi,

Thanks for responding! I found it not too difficult creating a side view or even 3/4 view tracer. Not sure though how one looks as its moving away from you, straight on. Is it like a dot that gets smaller? i would like it to show some arch near the end as it fades into the distance.

I made a few tracers. One in photoshop and one using a solid with added glow. No problem arching them across screen.

Maybe I should try particle world. Will check that out, thanks!

Return to posts index

Michael Szalapski
on Sep 8, 2011 at 8:45:33 pm

In real life a tracer is never actually shooting directly away from you. The gun is not at your eye level plus gravity and the angle at which you are firing all make a difference.

I know you're trying CC Particle World, I'd also suggest trying the Beam effect.

- The Great Szalam
(The 'Great' stands for 'Not So Great, in fact, Extremely Humble')

No trees were harmed in the creation of this message, but several thousand electrons were mildly inconvenienced.

Return to posts index

Lisa Simonson
on Sep 8, 2011 at 8:50:13 pm

Thanks. I'm just now trying beam and its working out great!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]