ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

How do u rename a composite after dublicating it?

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Wahid ElmandHow do u rename a composite after dublicating it?
by on Sep 1, 2011 at 12:14:53 am

Hi guys

i have a premaded AE project with alot of scenes in it. they are named scene1, scene2 scene3 and so forth.

what I want is to dublicate one of the composites (scenes) and put another text in to it.

for example i dublicate scene1 and rename the dublicated scene to scene22. when i do that the original scene1 also changes automaticaly to scene22. when i change the text on the dublicated one it affects the original also.
so what is going on here? what am i doing wrong? pls help me. i use AE CS5. thanks in advance.

Return to posts index

John CuevasRe: How do u rename a composite after dublicating it?
by on Sep 1, 2011 at 3:03:04 am

It sounds like you duplicated "scene 1" within the composition itself, which just gave you 2 comps of "scene 1" with different names.

You need to go to the project window and duplicate "scene 1" there. Now you have 2 different compositions, "scene 1" and "scene 22". change the text in scene 22 and you should be good to go.

If you find yourself doing this alot(copy preomps, within comps), check this out:
http://aescripts.com/true-comp-duplicator/

Johnny Cuevas, Editor

Return to posts index

Wahid ElmandRe: How do u rename a composite after dublicating it?
by on Sep 1, 2011 at 1:29:41 pm

Thanx for the replay johnny,

But it didnt work. On the project menu every scene including its solids and text are in a different folder. for example scene1.aep scene2.aep and so on. When I dublicate the scene1 folder its name changes to (scene1.aep 2) but the content stays the same. So when I put the scene from the dublicated

Return to posts index

Wahid ElmandRe: How do u rename a composite after dublicating it?
by on Sep 1, 2011 at 1:36:59 pm

Thanx for the replay johnny,

But it didnt work. On the project menu every scene including its solids and text are in a different folder. for example scene1.aep scene2.aep and so on. When I dublicate the scene1 folder its name changes to (scene1.aep 2) but the content stays the same. So when I put the scene from the dublicated folder to the timeline I than change its text, it changes the text of the original one also.maybe this script/plugin you advised will work since it automaticaly renames its content also. But I do this just for a school presentation and I have to buy that plugin.

Return to posts index

John CuevasRe: How do u rename a composite after dublicating it?
by on Sep 2, 2011 at 3:14:38 pm

From reading your post and the file names, it seems you have imported multiple projects into one project. Duplicating entire folders will work, but you need to be sure you have opened up the correct final file and are changing the text in the correct precompositon.

Check the "Mini Flow Chart" located in your Comp window, it's the first button after the search box. From here you can click the precomp that feeds the final comp your text.

Also the script I suggested is part a "Name Your Own Price"
You can pay anything you want, the amount displayed in the cart is only a suggested amount" plan. You can change the price to "0" if you want.

Johnny Cuevas, Editor

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]