ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Podcasts Creative Cloud

Layer handles appearing in composition window?

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Peter CutlerLayer handles appearing in composition window?
by on Aug 26, 2011 at 2:13:31 pm

Hi everyone,

I keep having a strange issue as I'm working on a project. It's a simple animation in a 3d space. Pretty simple setup: 3d floor, 2d backdrop, navigating a camera fly through of some photos that are stood up on different parts of the floor.

I typically like to work with my layer handles and other layer controls visible in the comp window. Lately, however, the layer handles have started appearing superimposed on/over/in front of the composition viewer as the camera moves.

It's really distracting, and after trying everything, I can't stop the behavior. I've tried manipulating the view controls, toggling mask/shape path visibility. It's erratic, but it happens most frequently when my camera is close to the floor, and the handle that appears is always the floor layer's handle, just at where the floor meets the 2d backdrop/horizon.

If anyone has any ideas on how to fix this I'd be really grateful.

Return to posts index

Angie TaylorRe: Layer handles appearing in composition window?
by on Aug 27, 2011 at 8:06:55 am

It sounds like a redraw error with Open GL. Have you tried switching off Open GL to see if it still happens then?

Angie Taylor animation & illustration for television, film, web and devices
Twitter: theangietaylor
Linkedin: theangietaylor

Return to posts index

Peter CutlerRe: Layer handles appearing in composition window?
by on Aug 29, 2011 at 5:02:23 pm

Hey Angie,

I wish that was it, but I'm currently working with adaptive resolution - open gl off.

It usually occurs when the camera is close to the 3d floor layer beneath it, looking upward at ~ 2 degree angle. Under those conditions, the layer handle where the floor meets the horizon cuts across the composition viewer, superimposed over everything else.

Thanks for all the help, here.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved