ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Podcasts Creative Cloud

Brand new to AE - exported files wont open in FCP

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Eve MyhillBrand new to AE - exported files wont open in FCP
by on Aug 25, 2011 at 10:55:54 am

A question I have seen variations on in this forum but not one that quite answers my question - possibly because its THAT inane.

I have been having a crack at some kinetic text. I now want to export my first sequence and import it into FCP. After reading a few of these articles it seems that projects transfers are a bit sticky, but assumably, AE is an animation based tool and must be equipped to export video formats?

I go to File > Export > and the only exports available are SWF / XFL and adobe prem.

Please could someone explain to me (much in the style of telling a 5 year old why the sky is blue) how to export and what settings to use

Return to posts index

Michael SzalapskiRe: Brand new to AE - exported files wont open in FCP
by on Aug 25, 2011 at 2:30:49 pm

You need to add your comp to the render queue.

Actually, you need to go here first [link] and get set on the basics of the program. AE is too deep and wide of a program to just jump into and start clicking around. A solid foundation in the basics is a must.

- The Great Szalam
(The 'Great' stands for 'Not So Great, in fact, Extremely Humble')

No trees were harmed in the creation of this message, but several thousand electrons were mildly inconvenienced.

Return to posts index

Noelle VacceseRe: Brand new to AE - exported files wont open in FCP
by on Aug 27, 2011 at 5:42:16 am

Don't go to File>Export

Instead, when you are in the comp you want to render, go to Composition> Make Movie

There will be two tabs on the left.

1. Render settings: Best Settings
2. Output Module : Lossless

Click on the Lossless link

There is a section called Video Output and it gives you a link to select Format Options. Click that link.

Here you choose your compression type. If you want to overlay your text on top of footage in final cut you will need to export at Animation compression.

Under Compressor Depth, select Millions of Colors +
the "+" means that this exports your footage with an alpha channel, meaning the background will be transparent, and you can overlay the kinetic text over whatever video footage you wish in final cut.

Click OK to save your settings.

Back in the Render module, to the right of Lossless is the Output to (or Save As) tab. Click that link to save your movie to where you will need it.

Hope that helps.

joy + noelle
twins are weird

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved