ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Adjusting Mask Anchor Points

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Emily ThwaitesAdjusting Mask Anchor Points
by on Aug 23, 2011 at 7:04:55 pm

I'm new to this so bear with me please. I have an object flying across a scene and it's attached to a wire that I have to remove. The wire is not straight. It dangles and bends in various locations. I created a mask with the pen tool and inverted it to reveal a clean background plate. Then I moved the mask via keyframes in Mask Path. I need the shape of the mask to change throughout the scene. But I can't seem to click back into the anchor points to add or adjust them as I need the mask to change as the wire curves. While I've found plenty of tutorials creating masks and moving them to reveal titles etc, I can't find any that adjust the shape of the mask throughout. I attempted multiple masks to get around the issue but then the invert doesn't seem to work once I add on a second mask. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

Emily

Return to posts index

Dave LaRondeRe: Adjusting Mask Anchor Points
by on Aug 23, 2011 at 7:12:12 pm

You need to use keyframes to animate the Mask Path property.

Dave LaRonde
Sr. Promotion Producer
KCRG-TV (ABC) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

Emily ThwaitesRe: Adjusting Mask Anchor Points
by on Aug 23, 2011 at 7:19:45 pm

I'm using keyframes to animate the mask but I can't click into the individual points to adjust them. I would think this is easy and I'm just not clicking the correct thing.

Emily

Return to posts index

Michael SzalapskiRe: Adjusting Mask Anchor Points
by on Aug 23, 2011 at 8:50:54 pm

If you twirl down the mask properties in the timeline and click on something like mask feather, you will have the mask active, but it won't have all the points selected and you can them move the individual points around.

- The Great Szalam
(The 'Great' stands for 'Not So Great, in fact, Extremely Humble')

No trees were harmed in the creation of this message, but several thousand electrons were mildly inconvenienced.

Return to posts index

Emily ThwaitesRe: Adjusting Mask Anchor Points
by on Aug 24, 2011 at 2:35:47 am

Thank You!!!!!

Emily

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]