ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Importing files - AE opens an old project folder

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Douglas GentryImporting files - AE opens an old project folder
by on Aug 21, 2011 at 4:01:37 pm

I looked in the AE basics area, didn't see the answer to my question, so here goes.

I am using AE with editing video, meaning I only use AE for some basic things. When I went to import a clip, AE directs me to a folder from an old project. This happened once before, and I flexed it, but can't remember what I did. Any help would be appreciated.

Cheers,

Douglas

Return to posts index

Michael SzalapskiRe: Importing files - AE opens an old project folder
by on Aug 23, 2011 at 8:51:35 pm

I really don't understand what your problem is. Could you describe it in a bit more detail? Ste-by-step describe your process.

- The Great Szalam
(The 'Great' stands for 'Not So Great, in fact, Extremely Humble')

No trees were harmed in the creation of this message, but several thousand electrons were mildly inconvenienced.

Return to posts index

Douglas GentryRe: Importing files - AE opens an old project folder
by on Aug 30, 2011 at 2:57:12 pm

Sorry for the lack of clarity.

When I go to import a file (by clicking in the project area,or typing command + I) it takes me to the plugins folder. I reinstalled After Effects, and it still does this. I tried saving to different folders, am well as importing files from different folders. Still, when I go to import a new file, it takes me to plugins! What gives? I never remember it doing this before.

Let me know if you have any ideas.

Cheers.

Return to posts index

Michael SzalapskiRe: Importing files - AE opens an old project folder
by on Aug 31, 2011 at 1:06:05 pm

I've never had an issue with it doing that.

My only suggestion would be to try trashing your preferences. If that still doesn't work, you could put a shortcut (or whatever Apple calls it) to a location nearer where you would actually have footage you want to import inside the folder it always goes to.

Alternatively, you could just go use Finder to get to the footage you want to import and then just drag that onto AE.

- The Great Szalam
(The 'Great' stands for 'Not So Great, in fact, Extremely Humble')

No trees were harmed in the creation of this message, but several thousand electrons were mildly inconvenienced.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]