ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

After Effects CS5 Renders are choppy and file is HUGEE!!

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
jay TossAfter Effects CS5 Renders are choppy and file is HUGEE!!
by on Aug 17, 2011 at 4:47:54 am

Would love some help please !!! i know this is the place to get it
I looked but couldn't find anything to help me !

So my renders are choppy and not smooth!!

This is what i got

-3 minute video with animation and .mov file videos
-The competition frame rate is 25.. i dont know if thats good or bad?
-The video is 1920 by 1080

I rendered

H.264 - 120 bitrate - Highest bit rate for audio

Now i got a file that's 2.33 GB BIG!!! in MP4 AND CHOOPPPYYYY ERRRR

Can someone please please please help!!

I need the best Quality setting ever and this video is being used for youtube.

Thanks for the help :)

Return to posts index

Todd KoprivaRe: After Effects CS5 Renders are choppy and file is HUGEE!!
by on Aug 17, 2011 at 6:16:18 am

"FAQ: Why is my output file huge, and why doesn't it play back smoothly in ...

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Todd Kopriva, Adobe Systems Incorporated
Technical Support for professional video software
After Effects Help & Support
Premiere Pro Help & Support
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Return to posts index

Kevin CampRe: After Effects CS5 Renders are choppy and file is HUGEE!!
by on Aug 17, 2011 at 2:48:08 pm

[jay Toss] "-The competition frame rate is 25.. i dont know if thats good or bad?"

25fps is the standard for europe, but would be just fine for web... good or bad would depend if you had footage in the comp. if you had footage in the comp, then it'd generally best to have the comp match the footage frame rate.

however, if you had footage that was higher than 30fps and the destination was youtube/web, you might want to set it at half the footage frame rate.

[jay Toss] "-The video is 1920 by 1080"

youtube hd is 1280x720, so you don't need to render larger than that for youtube. at this point you could just drop your current 1080 comp into a new 720 comp (same durations and frame rate). then, with that comp layer selected in the new 720 comp, choose layer>transform>fit-to-comp to resize it to 720.

after that, you should render as a quicktime lossless animation file. this file will be huge, but you'll take that to a compression utility like adobe's media encoder. if you use media encoder, just set the format to h.264 and the preset to youtube widescreen hd. for better output, click the preset name, go to the video tab and set bitrate encoding to vbr, 2 pass.... also, make sure that the frame rate matches your render's frame rate.

Kevin Camp
Senior Designer
KCPQ, KMYQ & KRCW

Return to posts index

jay TossRe: After Effects CS5 Renders are choppy and file is HUGEE!!
by on Aug 17, 2011 at 8:07:43 pm

Thank you soooooo much Kevin Camp for the reply!!!!

SO i checked my Footage and its 29 for the Frame-rate.. So im going to change the 25 in the comp to 29!

As for you-tube.. I'll do exactly what you said! i just thought if i re-size it, i will lose detail etc?? But ill take my 1080 comp, put it in the new 1280/780 comp - re-size and do you're render settings !

I hope this all works. thanks again

I let you know what happens!

Jay

Return to posts index

Michael SzalapskiRe: After Effects CS5 Renders are choppy and file is HUGEE!!
by on Aug 17, 2011 at 8:17:33 pm

Actually, YouTube does go up to 1920x1080. In fact, it can go up to 4K (for some unknown reason).

- The Great Szalam
(The 'Great' stands for 'Not So Great, in fact, Extremely Humble')

No trees were harmed in the creation of this message, but several thousand electrons were mildly inconvenienced.

Return to posts index

by on Aug 17, 2011 at 8:27:43 pm

Really?? so no resize..? keep it at 1920/1080 ??? just do Kevin Camp render settings?

Return to posts index

by on Aug 17, 2011 at 8:45:35 pm

1080 now... sorry i didn't know.

however, if you want to keep 1080, you'll need to modify the media encoder preset to be 1080. i think it is preset to 720 (though maybe adobe has added a 1080 preset).

Kevin Camp
Senior Designer
KCPQ, KMYQ & KRCW

Return to posts index

by on Aug 17, 2011 at 9:31:24 pm

"1080 now... sorry i didn't know.

however, if you want to keep 1080, you'll need to modify the media encoder preset to be 1080. i think it is preset to 720 (though maybe adobe has added a 1080 preset)."

Ok i was going to use the adobe encoder, but would it be hard to modify the preset to be 1080? or should i use something else

Thanks for all the help !!

Return to posts index

by on Aug 17, 2011 at 10:33:02 pm

it's easy... just like changing from 1-pass to 2-pass encode, choose the youtube hd preset, click the name and then find the frame size, it's probably one of the first options under the video tab... set it to 1920x1080.

Kevin Camp
Senior Designer
KCPQ, KMYQ & KRCW

Return to posts index

by on Aug 18, 2011 at 6:44:09 am

So im stuck on changing the Frames per second!?

Going from 25 to 29

All the audio changes pitch??! ( the demon sound )
And i dont know if its just the demon sound making the footage seem slower???

I tried changing the FPS in the same project comp. that didnt work.
then i took the whole project comp and put it into a new comp with 29fps

that didnt work!!! ERR$*@%&%*

What am i doing wrong???

Return to posts index

by on Aug 18, 2011 at 5:59:57 pm

Any one ??!!!

Return to posts index

by on Aug 18, 2011 at 9:16:40 pm

you may want to start a new thread on this if you want more input....

to summarize what i think you have right now:

you have an 1080 comp that is 25fps and you have 1080 footage in that comp that is 29.97fps (if it is not 29.97, 25 or 23.976fps, then there's something else wonkey with the footage that we may need to correct), there may be other non-footage layers too, but those shouldn't matter for this.

if this is true, then all you should have to do is set the comp's frame rate to the footage frame rate (in composition>composition settings). that should not affect the audio pitch... unless perhaps there is a time effect on the footage, like timewarp....

you want to do this in the original comp with the original footage, you don't want to bring a rendered version in and adjust the rate.

Kevin Camp
Senior Designer
KCPQ, KMYQ & KRCW

Return to posts index

by on Aug 18, 2011 at 10:28:11 pm

" you may want to start a new thread on this if you want more input....

to summarize what i think you have right now:

you have an 1080 comp that is 25fps and you have 1080 footage in that comp that is 29.97fps (if it is not 29.97, 25 or 23.976fps, then there's something else wonkey with the footage that we may need to correct), there may be other non-footage layers too, but those shouldn't matter for this.

if this is true, then all you should have to do is set the comp's frame rate to the footage frame rate (in composition>composition settings). that should not affect the audio pitch... unless perhaps there is a time effect on the footage, like timewarp....

you want to do this in the original comp with the original footage, you don't want to bring a rendered version in and adjust the rate.

Kevin Camp
Senior Designer
KCPQ, KMYQ & KRCW "

I started a new thread.. just thought this would be a simple fix and it would not be needed.

every thing you mentioned is correct. the footage is 29.97 in a comp that is 25 fps (1080) Im not using the audio from the footage so that doesn't matter. its just one Mp3 song that im using that changes pitch (demon sound) when i change comp from 25 FPS to 29. this is where im stuck! :(

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]