ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

plug in directory

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
stanly boonplug in directory
by on Aug 9, 2011 at 2:54:40 pm

let me see if i understand it . ae checks the plug in directory before starting and whatever workable plugin that happens to be there , it puts in the user interface. that means that i can dellete effects i dont use , and copy effects that i want in to this folder? did i describe this right? is there a good tutorial about installing plugins in ae ?

Return to posts index

Barend OnneweerRe: plug in directory
by on Aug 9, 2011 at 3:52:30 pm

Indeed AE checks the plugin folder for plugins.

Some effects can be directly copied into the plugin folder - but many of them come with an installer - which also installs the license. Some plugins also install additional software outside of the plugin folder that is referenced or used by the plugin. So you can't always just drag and drop to install. Sometimes it'll work, often it won't.

Raamw3rk - digital storytelling and visual effects

Return to posts index

stanly boonRe: plug in directory
by on Aug 9, 2011 at 6:14:19 pm

what about cycore?

Return to posts index

Dave LaRondeRe: plug in directory
by on Aug 9, 2011 at 6:21:35 pm

[stanly boon] "what about cycore?"

That particular question leads me to think you have the tryout version of AE, which doesn't include the Cycore plugins.

Dave LaRonde
Sr. Promotion Producer
KCRG-TV (ABC) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

stanly boonRe: plug in directory
by on Aug 10, 2011 at 4:45:57 am

i am an apprentice at a big studio. the technical man is horrible and wont help me . my ae [ cs5.5 on win7 ] does not have cycore installed but i found a disk containging a 64 bit version of the cycore effects them slef with no istaller. having does effects will really simplifie my life.

Return to posts index

Dave LaRondeRe: plug in directory
by on Aug 10, 2011 at 3:09:36 pm

As far as I know, the Cycore effects install right along with the application when you get the paid version of AE CS 5.5. You need to check if you have the ACADEMIC version of AE. It won't have Cycore, either, and you're stuck.

If it's the full non-academic version, you need to make friends with the tech guy and have him install them, or you have to ask someone else who runs AE. They can help a lot more than we can.

Dave LaRonde
Sr. Promotion Producer
KCRG-TV (ABC) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]