ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

sync multiple compositions

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Pier Boversync multiple compositions
by on Aug 2, 2011 at 3:36:21 am

So let's say I have a master composition of 1 minute long, which is formed by multiple compositions that move together but the focus point is on one composition at a time.

It seems to me the best way to organize that is to have all compositions last the same amount of time (1 minute) and then change the timing of the "action" sequence on each comp. according to when it's on focus on the master comp.

Is there a best way to do that?

Like for example have all comps. in pause and somehow fire them when they are on focus?

Return to posts index

Dave LaRondeRe: sync multiple compositions
by on Aug 2, 2011 at 3:29:12 pm

Please define your meaning of the term, "on focus". I can think of two things it can mean, and they're both very different.

Dave LaRonde
Sr. Promotion Producer
KCRG-TV (ABC) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

Pier BoverRe: sync multiple compositions
by on Aug 2, 2011 at 3:56:33 pm

You are right.

When I say in focus, I mean the composition that is having all the visual attention, the one that "we are looking at" at that precise moment.

TIA

Return to posts index

Dave LaRondeRe: sync multiple compositions
by on Aug 2, 2011 at 5:06:00 pm

I've done it both ways. I've made nested comps the same duration as the main comp, and just trimmed the in & out points in the main comp. For footage of a fixed duration, I've precomped it, done some work in the precomp, then just use the Trim Comp To Work Area command. It depends on the circumstances.

Dave LaRonde
Sr. Promotion Producer
KCRG-TV (ABC) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]