ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Change Font Color When Motions over Object

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Devon FarrellChange Font Color When Motions over Object
by on Jul 27, 2011 at 7:09:43 pm

I need to know how when I move black text over a blue box, I need the text to turn white when moving over the box, then after moving over the box it needs to turn black again. I tried messing with the blending mode of the text but it does not achieve the desired effect.

Thanks

Return to posts index

Luis O MaymiRe: Change Font Color When Motions over Object
by on Jul 28, 2011 at 1:35:59 am

Hello Devon

To accomplish this effect you need to use "Track Matte". Your black text will go in the first position, the blue box will be second. Then you apply a track matte to the blue box layer (the track matte will read the layer above, which will be your text). To easily make the color changes, create a new white solid and put it below the blue box (must be the same size) and in the blue box layer select "Alpha Inverted Matte".Change the blending mode of the text layer to "Color Burn" and you are done. If you did it right, moving the text over the box will make it white and moving away from the box will turn black.

The meaning of a movie is in its characters, the life of the movie is in the music, but the magic is in the editing.
http://www.xeneuxe.com/lomaymi

Return to posts index

Devon FarrellRe: Change Font Color When Motions over Object
by on Jul 28, 2011 at 1:30:56 pm

HI,
Thanks for the response. Every time I apply the "Alpha Inverted Matte" to the blue box it makes the text on the above layer disappear, but when the text motions over the box it re-appears and is white. Any help?

Thanks.

Return to posts index

Luis O MaymiRe: Change Font Color When Motions over Object
by on Jul 28, 2011 at 4:57:19 pm

When you apply a Track Matte effect the above layer will automatically hide from the composition. That because the track matte show the above layer inside the below layer. All tech talk aside, all you need to do to fix this is un-hide the text layer by pressing the eye (located in the left of every layer in timeline). Is important to put the text blending mode into "Color Burn" to show the color changes when the text move.

The meaning of a movie is in its characters, the life of the movie is in the music, but the magic is in the editing.
http://www.xeneuxe.com/lomaymi

Return to posts index

Devon FarrellRe: Change Font Color When Motions over Object
by on Jul 28, 2011 at 5:31:46 pm

Woo Hoo! Got it to work. Thanks a lot!!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]