ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Problem with clone stamp tool

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
David DinisProblem with clone stamp tool
by on Jul 25, 2011 at 10:28:02 am

Hi ! I've been having some problems with the clone tool in after effects ( which I just started learning last month ) and I've been told this is the best place to ask.
I need to clone out some flares from a time lapse video but when I use the clone stamp on them it just cleans it from one or a couple of frames, not the entire clip. I've already tried reversing the video so that what I correct is in the beginning instead of at the end of the clip as the flares only show up in the end of the video. Thanks in advance.

Return to posts index

Todd KoprivaRe: Problem with clone stamp tool
by on Jul 25, 2011 at 10:29:23 pm

If the Clone Stamp stroke is only affecting a single frame, make sure that you have the duration set to a longer value for the stroke.

You can trim and extend strokes in the Timeline panel just like you can for layers.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Todd Kopriva, Adobe Systems Incorporated
Technical Support for professional video software
After Effects Help & Support
Premiere Pro Help & Support
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Return to posts index

David DinisRe: Problem with clone stamp tool
by on Jul 27, 2011 at 9:47:50 am

Thanks for your reply Todd. How do I know if I'm just affecting one layer or the whole clip ? I have the brush set to constant and 300 frames.

After cloning for a while I selected the layer and pressed u twice, I see 50 " clone " layers but no way of controlling their timeline... how do I correct this ?

Return to posts index

by on Jul 27, 2011 at 3:59:38 pm

After cloning for a while I selected the layer and pressed u twice, I see 50 " clone " layers but no way of controlling their timeline... how do I correct this ?

You can drag the ends of the duration bars in the Timeline panel for the strokes to trim or extend them.

Technical Support for professional video software
After Effects Help & Support
Premiere Pro Help & Support

Return to posts index

ewa sternRe: Problem with clone stamp tool
by on Oct 31, 2013 at 2:11:00 pm

Hi,

I'm brand new to After Effects and already struggling with a weird problem.
I'm trying to get rid of a flashing red light of a 2nd camera in my footage, it comes up every couple of seconds for 4 frames. So I set the Clone tool to Custom, set the duration to 4 frames and since I want to clone in time set the source time shift -6 frames to be on the safe side.
For some reason the clone tool works only one or two frames and then the red light comes up again ;((((
Then I close start the whole project from the beginning and now the duration works but my brush is always square and covers only right lower quarter of the light.
I'm completely clueless why. What do I do wrong?

thanks a lot for the tip

ewa stern
http://www.castyourart.com

ewa stern

Return to posts index

by on Oct 31, 2013 at 2:31:56 pm

Ewa, you seem to be posting the same question on several different old threads.

After Effects quality engineering
After Effects team blog

Return to posts index

ewa sternRe: Problem with clone stamp tool
by on Oct 31, 2013 at 2:36:29 pm

Yes, I am, would die to have an answer

ewa stern

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]