ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

embed project file in MOV gone?

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
David Johnsonembed project file in MOV gone?
by on Jul 23, 2011 at 5:00:41 pm

I've been working in CS5 for a while now, but every time I've rendered so far I've been in a hurry and wasn't able to further look into something I think I've noticed has changed and, now that I have time and thought about it again, I'm not at a CS5 machine to check ... did the option to embed the project file inside of a MOV when rendering go away making the only option to embed a link to the project file (which isn't very helpful if you regularly shuffle projects among several machines)? Thanks.

Return to posts index

Todd KoprivaRe: embed project file in MOV gone?
by on Jul 23, 2011 at 6:17:57 pm

Yes, that went away in After Effects CS5. We couldn't find many people who actually used it, and re-implementing seldom-used features in the 64-bit port was something that we looked at on a case-by-case basis... especially QuickTime features, since we now need to write our own QuickTime handling code for a lot of things (because there is no 64-bit QuickTime).

If it's important to you, please submit a feature request, and it can get prioritized accordingly.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Todd Kopriva, Adobe Systems Incorporated
Technical Support for professional video software
After Effects Help & Support
Premiere Pro Help & Support
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Return to posts index

David JohnsonRe: embed project file in MOV gone?
by on Jul 23, 2011 at 6:28:10 pm

Thanks Todd. I'll submit a feature request ... that feature was very useful and I could never figure out why all AE users don't find invaluable the ability to have an exact copy of the full render-state project file permanently saved inside of all renders regardless of computer changes, hard drive failures, file corruptions, dumb co-worker deletes, etc., etc., etc. By that method only, I literally have project files from a decade ago and, although I rarely need to go that far back, pulling one from a few years ago has come in very handy many times. Anyway, thanks for verifying.

Return to posts index

David JohnsonRe: embed project file in MOV gone?
by on Jul 23, 2011 at 6:32:19 pm

BTW, ever since that QTX crap and bundling QT with iTunes I've been praying that Apple will sell QuickTime to a company that gives a shiznit about the pro market ... not gonna happen, but a boy can dream. ;~) In fact, can asking Adobe to buy QT from Apple be considered a feature request? lol

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]