ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Keyboard shortcut woes-defining makers but requires pressing keyboard twice

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
jim bachaloKeyboard shortcut woes-defining makers but requires pressing keyboard twice
by on Jul 17, 2011 at 9:20:03 pm

Hi
I've redefined my marker keyboard shortcut to be simply '8' but it requires pressing twice in order to define a marker, and the first press simply stops playback in my preview. Not what I intend. I don't want playback to stop at all on the first keypress, but simply to define a new marker.
Can anyone help?

Local is the new global

Return to posts index

Richard HarringtonRe: Keyboard shortcut woes-defining makers but requires pressing keyboard twice
by on Jul 18, 2011 at 1:01:40 pm

Use the asterisk key on the numeric keyboard. Already defined.

Richard M. Harrington, PMP

Author: From Still to Motion, Video Made on a Mac, Photoshop for Video, Understanding Adobe Photoshop, Final Cut Studio On the Spot and Motion Graphics with Adobe Creative Suite 5 Studio Techniques

Return to posts index

jim bachaloRe: Keyboard shortcut woes-defining makers but requires pressing keyboard twice
by on Jul 18, 2011 at 2:48:21 pm

Thanks Richard!
So my brand new iMac doesn't come with an extended keyboard....guess that's my problem:)

Local is the new global

Return to posts index

Michael SzalapskiRe: Keyboard shortcut woes-defining makers but requires pressing keyboard twice
by on Jul 19, 2011 at 2:52:20 pm

Define it as a different key? This page [link] contains info about shortcuts and changing them.

- The Great Szalam
(The 'Great' stands for 'Not So Great, in fact, Extremely Humble')

No trees were harmed in the creation of this message, but several thousand electrons were mildly inconvenienced.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]