ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Text losing resolution when layer becomes a 3D layer

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Mike BarberText losing resolution when layer becomes a 3D layer
by on Jul 17, 2011 at 4:55:06 pm

I'm doing some motion graphics work and am using After Effects instead of Motion (currently making the transition from Apple FCS to Adobe CS). I am noticing that my text layers are losing resolution—become soft and fuzzy—when I enable their layers as 3D layers. What's going on?

The top text has 3D Layer enabled, the bottom does not. That is the only difference.

The camera does not have Depth of Field enabled. Resolution is set to Full. OpenGL is enabled.
I'm using After Effects CS5 on a Quad-Core 2.8GHz Mac Pro with 8 GB RAM and NVIDIA GeForce 8800 GT graphics card, running OS X 10.6.8.

Return to posts index

Roland R. KahlenbergRe: Text losing resolution when layer becomes a 3D layer
by on Jul 18, 2011 at 4:23:57 am

Take a look at it without OpenGL - just a wild guess but worth a shout nonetheless.

Cheers
RoRK

Intensive AE & Mocha Training in Asia.

Return to posts index

Mike BarberRe: Text losing resolution when layer becomes a 3D layer
by on Jul 19, 2011 at 3:23:57 am

[Roland R. Kahlenberg] "Take a look at it without OpenGL"

no improvement, sad to say, which is really frustrating. I know After Effects is a serious, professional tool… this must be user error, right? Animating text (kinetic text with camera) was such a simple no-brainer in Motion, but here I am getting these little frustrations about the quality of my output.

Return to posts index

Michael SzalapskiRe: Text losing resolution when layer becomes a 3D layer
by on Jul 19, 2011 at 2:56:30 pm

Have you updated your AE to the latest version? 10.0.2

That seems weird.

I don't have an issue like that here. Have you tried that with other fonts on the off chance that it's something weird with a non-pro font?

- The Great Szalam
(The 'Great' stands for 'Not So Great, in fact, Extremely Humble')

No trees were harmed in the creation of this message, but several thousand electrons were mildly inconvenienced.

Return to posts index

Mike BarberRe: Text losing resolution when layer becomes a 3D layer
by on Jul 19, 2011 at 3:21:57 pm

I'm pretty sure it is updated to 10.0.2, I'll check later this evening and try with different font. I used the same one (CheltPress) in a similar Motion project without this happening,, so it does strike me as odd.

Return to posts index

ryan maloneyRe: Text losing resolution when layer becomes a 3D layer
by on Jul 23, 2011 at 9:11:08 pm

i run into this issue often. i pre-compose my text and then toggle the little sun icon (forget the name of the setting). make sure your text layer in side your pre-comp is a 3d layer too

ryan
http://www.medialuv.com

Return to posts index

Eric SmithRe: Text losing resolution when layer becomes a 3D layer
by on Sep 13, 2012 at 11:17:12 pm

I am having the same problem. Was this ever resolved? Would be great if someone could pick it up.

I tried open GL, preserve resolution when nested ...

Much Thanks

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]