ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Help deinterlacing 60i

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Aaron Bear
Help deinterlacing 60i
on Jul 15, 2011 at 7:33:40 pm

I'm a bit of a newbie when it comes to video framerate and interlacing. I think I understand the basic idea of how it works for regular video but get a little lost when dealing with HD 60i. I have a canon camcorder that records 1920x1080 at 60i and I want to deinterlace it for editing, tracking and vfx. When trying to track an interlaced video, the trackers bounce around on the different fields and give a noisy track.

When 60i is deinterlaced does it give you 30p?
I've been trying to deinterlace the footage in AE but can't seem to get the field order and pulldown correct. The best seems to have been lowerfield first with pulldown off and I get a framerate of 48fps but when playing it back every second or so there's a very noticable jitter.

I thought I knew how this worked but now I'm just confused and anxious to get in and play around with adding some vfx. My thinking was 60i would give a much smoother video for better tracking, etc.

Lastly, once the video is deinterlaced and I've done all my visual work, how should the final be rendered out? 24, 29.97 or add any pulldown?

And...headache haha.
Any help would be greatly appreciated!

-Aaron-
"Wherever you go, there you are"

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2020 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]