ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Podcasts Creative Cloud

Creating Effects Preset

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Keith MoreauCreating Effects Preset
by on Jul 7, 2011 at 7:31:15 am

This is a very newbie question but I've searched quite a bit and can't seem to find an answer.

I'm using Premiere Pro 5.5 and After Effects 5.5. I've sent a number of clips in a sequence to AE using the dynamic link feature. This results in a comp or layer for each clip. I want to apply an effect, in this case, Lock and Load stabilizer (I know Warp Stabilizer is excellent, for this I think L&L will be simpler.)

I have set up one clip with the correct parameters in Lock & Load. I want to save that set as a 'Preset' and then apply that with all the parameters to the rest of the clips, like I can do with effects in Premiere Pro. Thing is I can't seem to figure out how to create a simple effect preset AE. It has to exist, right?

I can't seem to figure out how to do this, and the docs and forum searches haven't help.

Thanks for any advice.

Return to posts index

Kevin CampRe: Creating Effects Preset
by on Jul 7, 2011 at 12:55:00 pm

basically, select the effects and properties that you want to include in the preset. then choose animation>save animation preset.

more on presets here:

you can also replace a layer in a comp with footage in the project while keeping all the same properties/effects that were set for the original layer. this might be useful if you didn't think you needed that preset after that particular project.

to do that, simply select the layer that you want to replace in the comp, then alt-drag (or option-drag, osx) the new footage from the project window onto the layer to be replaced.

the new footage will now have all the same properties and effects as the previous one.

Kevin Camp
Senior Designer

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved